Thursday, August 21, 2008

My 23rd birthday!

I've decided to start posting starting with the most recent events and working backwards. So August 19th was my 23rd birthday! Crazy huh! My mom was here and she made me the most amazing applesauce cake with this yummy caramel frosting. Drew and I just finished it off today. YUMMY! The presents people got me this year were soo thoughtful and I really loved them all! Drew has heard me complain about my old camera (which has a broken latch) and picked up on that hint and got me the most amazing camera. I just love it. I have always been an amateur photographer at heart and I've always been a big poser too (surprising for some of you I know!). Anyway its a more serious kind of camera and I've always wanted one like it. He gave it to me early so I could use it while my family was here, and I certainly did use it! We spent a lot of time in photo shoots. :) He also got me this awesome track suit (which I actually chose) because he knew I've been wanting one for a while. My mom got me the shoes I've had my eye on all summer and I am wearing them at this very moment just because I love them so much. Laura, who is always amazing at remembering birthdays surprised me with movie tickets and money for candy (gotta love that). The girls here threw a birthday party for me which was so sweet. Jamie was the decorator of course and she decorated the place with balloons and gum balls because she knows how much I love them. (Laura you should appreciate that!) Anyway, no big surprise coming from Jamie, it was absolutely adorable!! Jamie, Abbie, and Megan got me jewelry which was awesome because I'm bad at picking jewelry. Tiffany got me Ella Enchanted and popcorn because I love that movie and she knew I had been looking for it. And Mindy got me this pumpkin shampoo & conditioner because I have used hers when she does my hair and she knows how much I love it. Anyway, this has gotten long, but thank you so much to everyone who was so thoughtful to me on my birthday. It was the best 23rd birthday I've ever had!My beloved camera! Thanks Drew!The girls at my party! The decorations were so cute!
Blowing out the candles!My new clothes and shoes! I am sporty spice!
Check those babies out! I'm am going to do some serious damage on the volleyball court!

7 comments:

Laura Howe said...

I love the kick picture you are so good at that. and Nice shoes. I am totally jealous of your camera. I want a serious one like that. You are so lucky. that is just about the best thing ever. You will be so happy to have a nice camera when you have a child. You might loose that sometime around october.

Cassie said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you got some fun stuff! Are you ready to come back to Rexburg?

Attitude of Gratitude said...

Happy Birthday Lindsey--I wish I would have known earlier! Sounds like you had a good time and I love the shoes--you really can't have too many pairs!

Tyler said...

your tongue is green in that picture. how about some posts about drew?

Lindsey said...

Wow sorry to be so self-centered! I'll have to be creative. Drew mostly just works. I'll try to come up with something.

Jennes said...

Thanks for the picture update! I loved the sporty spice picture. You crack me up! You have such a nice group of friends! It was great to be with you for 2 whole weeks! And we still look forward to you coming back home soon!

Kemp and Whitney said...

I'm jealous...looks like a fun bday! Wish we could of still been there to celebrate with you! Happy Birthday!