Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow Continued

Saturday afternoon after it had stopped snowing we decided we wanted to go for a drive (Drew was dying to go drive the pick-up around in the snow). We ended up visiting some friends and bringing our friends Rich and Brittany back to our house to play in the snow. Drew, Rich, and Brittany got to work building a snow cave. It was way bigger than I was expecting. I stayed inside with Darcy for the most part, but every time someone closed the door to go outside without her she would cry. She wanted to get in on the action. I ended up bundling her up and taking her out. After the snow cave was done I let Drew take her in it, but she was NOT happy and it kind of freaked me out so that didn't last long. I ended up going in it for a minute just for a picture. The entrance was too small for my taste though. I'm a little claustrophobic.

The city has kind of been shut down because of all the snow but with out trusty four-wheel drive pick-up with serious tires we have been able to go anywhere we want. Sunday we got a call saying church was "optional." I thought that was pretty funny. Isn't it always optional? We always have to choose to go. I know what they were meaning and where they were coming from but I just thought the wording was funny. We ended up going because we can get around just fine. They only had sacrament meeting. The man in our bishopric conducting the meeting had walked most of the way to church until his married son came and picked him up.

School has been canceled for Drew for the past three days which has been pretty nice. This was supposed to be a really busy week for him and it has ended up being fairly mellow instead.
The builders. (I did end up doing a tiny bit of shoveling, but it hardly counted.)
Drew and I inside the cave. Pretty big huh?
Rich and Brittany by the entrance of the cave.
Darcy and I all bundled up.
Drew in the entrance of the snow cave.
Driving out of our complex. Not fun for driving (unless you're Drew) but beautiful to look at!

3 comments:

Haley Webb said...

That snow looks awesome! No, not fun to drive in...for me, but it looks good for making caves at least. I just keep forgetting to tell you, I have the pic of Darcy's "Old Man Face" on my computer at work, and it makes me smile every time I glance over at it. If only my old man face looked that cute!

rich said...

we made it up on your blog. i feel so special! :) crazy crazy snow. such a fun day though! so glad we are friends :)

rich said...

oh. ps. this is brittany leaving the comment. :)