Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Drew's Break

Drew has three weeks off between the end of the semester and when he starts his internship. We are trying to take advantage of this time to do lots of fun things together.

Last week we went to Berlin, OH. We went to see some of the Amish attractions there, but when we got there we found out it was one of the three holidays the Amish celebrate that day and almost everything was closed! What are the chances!? We were kind of bummed. One of the main things we went to see was opened though, so that was lucky. It was Heini's Cheese Chalet. We got to taste a ton of different cheeses and fudges that were oh so good!! Well, I thought some of the cheese was nasty, like the garlic cheese (Drew actually liked them), but most of them were delicious. Smoked swiss was my favorite I think. We came home with a few different kinds of fudge that I devoured way too fast of course. They were soo good! Even though most things were closed we really enjoyed the drive and just walking around the cute little Amish town and seeing them in their buggies, playing volleyball in their yards, rollerblading with homemade rollerblades, riding bikes, and just hanging out in their yards. I really do love the simplicity of that lifestyle.
Drew and Darcy in front of Heini's Cheese Chalet
We stopped for a while and let Darcy get some wiggles out. She preferred sitting on the car to sitting in the grass.

Then on Friday we bought Drew a bike off of Craigslist and got Darcy a bike seat and helmet from Walmart. Saturday we went on an 8 mile bike ride on this really pretty trail that is close to where we live. It was a beautiful day. Darcy ended up falling asleep in her seat. She really loves going for a ride though. It was such an awesome family activity. We want to go for bike rides all the time this summer. We set the camera on a bench along the trail to get a shot of all of us. I told Drew it looks like he is on a serious ride, but we really just went from standing to putting our feet on the pedals. I love camera timers.
Here is a close-up of Darcy. She doesn't look very happy, but she really was. Her helmet was too big and kept falling over her face which wasn't very cool. We came home and rigged it up so that won't happen next time.

There were pavilions and picnic tables all along the trail. After our ride we stopped and ate lunch at this pavilion and had a little photo shoot with Darcy.


6 comments:

Ashley Calaway said...

I swear she gets cuter with every post you do Lindsey! Have fun on your break with Drew!

Ashley said...

She's adorable!

Sharee said...

WOW Darcy is changing so much. Her hair is looking very blond now. Such a cutie!! You guys are lucky to live close enough to drive to so many things. Looks like fun especially the cheese factory; I love cheese too!

Collin and Tiffany said...

She is getting so big!! She is such a cutie!! I love all the pictures, especially the one where you guys are on the bikes.

Kristen and Alex said...

Darcy is absolutely beautiful! What a cutie! I love her cute hair and it is so blonde! I love the curtains you made for her room too. You are amazing! Good idea for getting a bike seat for her. I need to look into that. It sounds really fun! I'm glad to see that all is well with you guys. We miss you and hope you can visit soon.

TaitFam4 said...

Darcy is SO cute. I can't believe I haven't been able to meet her! I just want to CHEW on those cheeks of hers! I miss you guys!