Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Funny Girl

The last few evenings we have spent out time watching Drew play in his softball tournament (they got third). There was a man there sitting a little ways away from us with a skullet and the long back part of his hair was in a ponytail. Lovely right? Darcy turned to me and laughed and said, "Mom he has a ponytail. Haha. He forgot!" Implying that he forgot he was a boy and shouldn't have a ponytail. Luckily he didn't hear her and I just told her "That's ok." and she quickly moved on. I really wanted to laugh though.

She is saying all sorts of crazy things lately, and it always makes me nervous when we see someone who looks different than what she is used to. They are teaching moments for her, but I just don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, and to be honest I don't always feel like I know how to explain some things to her.

1 comment:

Luke said...

That's awesome! I love the funny kid sayings. And don't be embarassed (although I know for you that's easier said than done). Especially someone with a skullet needs to hear that they look weird. So it's too bad he didn't. Maybe instead of trying to keep it quiet you should prompt her to speak up about people's self-inflicted oddities.

We've been working recently to instill the idea of modesty in our kiddos, and lately they've been pointing out whenever someone's belly is showing. Next I'll have work on weird hair styles, excessive earrings/jewlery, skinny jeans, guy-liner, etc.