Sunday, August 11, 2013

Jenne Family Reunion

 At the end of July we went to the Jenne family reunion. It was our first time camping as a family, and actually the first time we have been camping at all since Drew and I got married over eight years ago. That is crazy to me considering I camped at this very same place pretty much every year of my life growing up. We had fun seeing family we hadn't seen in a long time and letting our kids get nice and dirty every single day. :)
 Really my favorite part of these reunions is sitting around the fire talking and laughing. My dad's sisters are some of my favorite people on earth and I love being around them and their families.

 A Jenne reunion wouldn't be the same without my grandpa spending a good portion of his time chopping wood.

 Ezra and Darcy spent lots of time riding down the ramp of this trailer on their bikes.

 Darcy's turn

 Darcy holding one of the many frogs they found. (I am always happy to see my kids being brave enough to hold these animals I have such an aversion to.) :)

 Exploring

 Ezra exploring the lodge

 My 2nd cousin's son Lauren was there and Darcy had so much fun with him!

 Lauren and Darcy roasting hot dogs. They roasted way more hot dogs than they actually ate.

 My cousin Tate was quite the mountain man! He had his bow there and he was often spotted bounding through the forest hunting for squirrels. We were all very shocked when he actually ended up getting two and roasting and eating them. We all got to have a taste. Yum! :)

 We went to the lake a couple different times which I remember being a lot colder when I was a kid. Shay and Heidi took this cute little raft out for a spin.

 Darcy loved the lake and with this trusty tube she had no fear and would go anywhere.

 I was trying to stay close-ish to where Darcy was and to pass the time I was trying to take awesome pictures with the timer. I found this stump out in the water and I thought it would be perfect to stand on it and look like I was walking on water. The pictures I got that way were only of my back still down in the water because it was too far away from where I set the camera. Eventually Ashley came and just took the picture for me, and the stump was too jagged to put my feet on the top so the walking on water thing didn't work either. It was still a pretty place for a picture though.

 My dad's cousin brought these kayaks that we got to try. I had always wanted to try kayaking and this was my first opportunity. I liked it enough, but it wasn't really Drew's thing. We kayaked across the lake and while we were out there some jet ski's went passed. We liked the smell of the jet ski exhaust and decided we weren't really kayak people. Haha!

 Ezra playing in the water

 This is the only picture of our tent we got. We got this tent from my parents for our wedding and this was the first time we used it!

 We hiked this trail we always hiked as kids and I had forgotten how steep and treacherous it was. I thought it would be fine to bring the kids but it was really too much for them. Luckily Drew and my dad were willing to carry them on their shoulders. The trail was tricky enough that that kind of freaked me out too!


 The trail led down to the freezing cold river. It was so beautiful there!


 Some of my cousins and Ashley early one morning. I love these girls and it was so fun to spend time with them!

 I wish this picture showed the real magnitude of the dirtiness of this girls face!

 
 Cracks me up! We were happy to have baths when we got home.

No comments: