Friday, August 26, 2016

Leavenworth Anniversary Trip

Drew surprised me this year and planned a little overnight trip to Leavenworth for our 11th anniversary. The kids stayed with my parents for the first half and Drew's parents for the second half, and I'm pretty sure they didn't miss us one bit. :)

We dropped the kids off and I gave Drew his anniversary present, which was the exciting news that I was pregnant with baby number four! I was trying to wait until Father's Day which was just a couple days after that, but I just can not keep that kind of secret from him especially when it's just the two of us. It seemed like it was still a fun special occasion to tell him the news. 

The first thing we did was drive into the mountains past Leavenworth to go on a hike. We were in the middle of nowhere, not a soul anywhere close, and no one had any idea where we were. If a bear got us no one would have been around to save us. I was slightly nervous about that, but it all worked out and we survived.
 This crazy hike that Drew had planned was five miles and it was straight up the whole way. I thought I was in pretty decent shape, but I had to take so many breaks it was pathetic.


 I forgot to bring something to put my hair up and it was driving me crazy. I mentioned that if I could find a little stick shaped like a pencil that I could put it up with that. Drew found a stick that was the right shape but it wasn't smooth enough to put through my hair so Drew got to work smoothing it out.

 My hero!

 We were both surprised when we eventually started seeing snow. We hadn't thought about that possibility. It got a little colder, but it really wasn't too bad.

 This beautiful lake was our destination.




 The hike back down was much easier and faster and I was happy to get back to our cute little hotel to rest for a bit.

 
We rested for a bit and then headed out to find an authentic dinner. I can't remember the name of this place, but we both liked our food. For an appetizer Drew got this sausage sample platter. Really not my cup of tea, but he loved them.


 
The next morning we planned to walk around the town and do some window shopping but it was raining a ton. So we just drove through the streets to see it, stopped to get some chocolate, and headed home.

No comments: