Monday, November 14, 2016

Halloween 2016

 Another happy Halloween has come and gone. We started the festivities by carving pumpkins.
 Pulling the pumpkin guts out it always a hit.





 Drew started carving and then little by little Ezra worked his way up onto his lap to watch by coming up under Drew's arm. We were laughing at how much easier that made the carving job. Ezra is our kid that is always interested in how things work and he just had to be in there up close to see how it all went.

 Some friends invited us to a fun amazing race themed Halloween party that was just for adults. We were supposed to dress up as a celebrity couple. I had a hard time coming up with an idea because of my growing belly, so I searched pinterest and thought the Duggars would be perfect. It took the swallowing of my pride to post this picture, because although I really have nothing against the Duggars I was a little bit sad about how much I actually looked like Michelle Duggar. Ha! We are practically twins. I kept looking at myself in the mirror and laughing every time about how much I looked like her. Drew's likeness was pretty darn good too.

  I just bought my kids' costumes this year, which was dreamy. Parks was an astronaut.

 Darcy had been saying she wanted to be Ariel, but I was having a hard time finding an Ariel costume we liked. One day I was in TJMaxx and I stumbled upon this amazing Belle dress for a pretty amazing price and I decided to give it a try. When Darcy got home from school I pulled it out to show her and she gasped. I had been nervous she would be sad that it wasn't Ariel, but she was so thrilled. She wore it a lot before Halloween so it got lots of good use.

 Ezra was a pilot. He wore this a ton before Halloween and is still wearing it often a few weeks after. The other day it was his paleontologist outfit. :)
  With cousins


One of the places we went trick-or-trreating was my grandma's house where my two aunts and cousin were visiting. They threw together some pretty awesome costumes for us. Parks was a little nervous about my grandma's funny costume for some reason, and she couldn't handle that. I talked to her a few days later and she apologized over and over for scaring him. It seems funny that anyone would be scared of her. She is too sweet. I love these ladies!

No comments: