Thursday, February 2, 2017

Drew's 33rd Birthday

For Drew's birthday this year there just happened to be a snow day for both him and Darcy. It was such a sweet treat to get to have everyone home together to celebrate.

The first thing we did was call our friends to go sledding at a school nearby. It was a beautiful sun-shiny day and we had lots of fun. Then we came home and watched a movie together. I made manicotti (Drew's favorite) for dinner and a German chocolate cake that he requested. I have never been a fan of the German chocolate frosting from a can, so I found a recipe to make it on my own and we were happy with how it turned out.

Drew is my favorite guy, and I am so happy he was born.




Glued to the movie


 This picture makes me laugh every time I see it. Drew was honestly not prepared for the competition he would face when he went to blow out his candles. Apparently the boys thought when the happy birthday song was over it was a free-for-all for those candles. We ended up giving Drew another turn (and each of the kids there own turn also).

No comments: