Wednesday, January 21, 2009

When's that BABY due!?

I tried to think of a fun way to announce it (even though mostly everyone knows already), but I'm not coming up with anything good so here is it. We're going to have a baby!! We are soo excited about it. As of yesterday I'm in my second trimester. I know its crazy, but I still haven't been to a doctor so I don't know the official due date. Its somewhere around August 6th though. So I will get to be hugely pregnant for the summer, and we are planning on doing APX again this summer so I will have this baby on the road somewhere. I have really been pretty sick for the last couple months. Its starting to go away a little, but it seems like extreme hunger has taken the place of nausea. I have to wake up in the middle of the night and eat something, and during the day I have to constantly be eating or I start to feel shaky and really weak. Drew has taken really good care of me though which has made it a little bit easier. So far the experience has been.....interesting. Not quite what I imagined, but if a baby is what comes at the end I guess I'll take it. :) If its a boy we will name him Ezra, and if its a girl we will name her Darcy, although honestly I don't plan on it being a girl at all. Anyway, that is our news. We can't wait to meet this little one.

P.S. The title is a Brian Regan quote in case you didn't know.

I decided to add pictures of Drew and I as babies so you can try to get some idea of where this might be headed. I'm guessing our baby won't be lacking in the hair or chub departments.

17 comments:

STCLIFFORD said...

Congrats!! That's so awesome!

Melanie and Jake said...

Congrats!!! You'll have so much fun with a little baby!

Cassie said...

Congrats!!

Caralee and Jon said...

Yay! I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. No luck with the internship job thing huh? Gosh, this economy is hard. You should probably go to the doc soon. What are you doing about insurance? Why do you think its a boy? We are so excited for you guys!!

Middletonfamily said...

We are so excited for you guys!!! You are starting a new adventure with kids, and it is worth every second. Even the tuff times like being sick. I was sick with Addie and someone recommended sucking on those starlight mints and that helped me. Just a suggestion. You guys will be great parents!

Attitude of Gratitude said...

HOORAY!!! and we are so happy for you--not the feeling yucky part of course. Your pics are adorable as will be your firstborn I'm positive! Hope it goes quick so you can have your little one here!

Heidi said...

Congrats!! I can not tell you how excited I was to hear that. That is so exciting, and I know what you mean about always being hungry. It is crazy I always had to have food with me where ever I went.

Milas Howe said...

Congrats again Linds. I don't know if you already knew this, but you don't actually have to have your baby in the middle of the road - they have hospitals where they actually let you have the baby...

farrers said...

Milas has an excellent point you know!! Congratulations again and way to make through the first trimester! Go see that doctor so you can get your peanut picture!! Until you see that picture you never know it could be two peanuts!:)

LaRene said...

That is the best news ever, I think you should have a girl though. :) Darcy is such a cute name!
Congratulations you will be a great mommie!

Collin and Tiffany said...

So fun!!! Those pictures are cute!! Congratulations!!! You guys are gonna be such great parents!!

JaMie said...

I am so happy for you guys! I think I took that same picture as a baby too! YOu have to love raggedy anne:)

JaMie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TaitFam4 said...

I can't wait for you to find out that you are having a girl...it would just be really funny. haha. I went on your blog today hoping to see that you posted your first ultra sound picture...GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! Im really excited to hear about it. I miss you and I LOVE YOU SOOOO MUCH!

Laura Howe said...

I just love that picture of Drew. It kinda makes me laugh. I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl. YAY BABIES!!

Sam said...

Lindsay I am so excited for you! This is wonderful. Pregnancy is an adventure but the real fun comes when the baby does. I am so glad I found your blog. Now I can stay updated on your pregnancy.

Kemp and Whitney said...

Congrats again!
We aren't planning on doing APX but it's always an option. It mostly depends if Kemp has any luck in Utah finding a job.