Sunday, October 18, 2009

My Family Came!

This past weekend my parents and two of my sisters came to Pittsburgh to visit us...mostly to visit Darcy. :) It was soo great to have them here and we were sad to see them go. I can't believe we still have a month and a half until we see them again. Luckily, Drew's grandparents are stopping in for a visit today on their way across the country, and then his parents are coming for Thanksgiving so we get to have a couple more family visits before Christmas. I just love family visits!

My dad and two sisters hadn't met Darcy and it had been a while for my mom, so I was so excited to have them come see her. They were supposed to get here Friday night around 7 but because of problems at the car rental place and a wrong turn they didn't end up getting here until a little after 9! They only saw Darcy for a minute before she had to go to bed and I had a hard time sleeping that night because I was so anxious for the bonding to begin. It was so fun to watch my parents with her, and see how excited both my sisters were about her. Darcy had a great time too because no one in my family is shy about making ridiculous noises or acting a little bit crazy to make a baby happy. Here are some pictures from our fun-filled weekend.

We took a group shot with the timer after church. We got this on the first try. Amazing!
My dad making Darcy smile. I just love this picture because it's cute of both of them, and then in the background you can see my mom watching with a big smile on her face too.
My sister Emily entertaining Darcy.
My sister Ashley keeping Darcy company.
We stopped at this church/cemetery because it looked cool and I tried to take some pictures. I thought this one turned out pretty cool.
Drew took my family on a tour of his campus and they stopped for Ashley to do a little posing on this sculpture.
I tried all weekend to get a great picture of Emily for her to use for senior pictures. I didn't really get any I thought were super fabulous, but I thought this one was cute of her. There is something called the Duquesne Incline here that you can ride to see the whole city of Pittsburgh, and that's where she is posing here.
When we stopped at the cemetery there was a dead possum on a little side road which, because my family had never seen a possum before, they found incredibly interesting and they all (except for my mom) had to get a picture beside it. It was so funny.
On the campus tour Drew was carrying Darcy and I just thought she looked so cute here I had to post this one.
My mom with Darcy at the church/cemetery. I won't tell you what she did exactly, but my sister Haley (who we wish could have been here too) did some doctoring on this picture and I am amazed by her work!
There is a big fountain in downtown Pittsburgh that is pink this month for breast-cancer awareness month, so we had a picture of all the girls "kicking" (or karate chopping) breast cancer in the face!! :)

That was A LOT of pictures, eh?

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Cute pictures! Darcy is ADORABLE! I love her cheeks. The one with her and your Dad is priceless. Glad you guys had fun.

megan said...

haha how fun! Darcy is getting so big...by the way I loved your announcements!! Miss you guys!

Kristen and Alex said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun with your family! Darcy is beautiful! She has a great smile! I can't wait to meet her and hold her. Thank you for breaking the baby boy trend by the way. We are super excited to have a girl. And at least they will be pretty close in age. I'm excited for them to play together. We miss you guys!