Saturday, March 13, 2010

Proofing Dough

I just found this tip for making dough rise faster on the Real Simple website and I wanted to save it somewhere so I'm putting it on here. Hopefully someone else out there can use it too.


Proofing Yeast Doughs
Yeast doughs that normally take an hour or more to rise at room temperature can be proofed in the microwave in about 15 minutes. Place the dough in a very large bowl and cover with plastic. Place an 8-ounce cup of water in the back of the microwave with the bowl of dough in the center, and set the power as low as possible (10 percent power). Heat for 3 minutes, then let the dough rest in the microwave for 3 minutes. Heat for 3 minutes longer, then let rest for 6 minutes. The dough will double in bulk.

2 comments:

Jennes said...

WOW! I am going to try it! Have you tried it yet?

Caralee and Jon said...

I will have to try that, thanks!!