Saturday, February 19, 2011

Family Update/Cowgirl

I think it is time for an update:

- The due date for this baby is August 11th. I am a week behind where I thought I was.

- I am mostly done being sick, but it's just not going all the way away which is kind of a bummer.

- Drew is loving his job. He works on a flex schedule so he gets to go in early and come home at 3:30. It's so awesome to have him home that early every day.

- Drew's uncle owns a gym here and we have been trying to go regularly. The problem is that Darcy absolutely HATES going to the daycare. When we walk in the building she starts whimpering and basically doesn't stop crying until we leave. It is torture for her and us. We have been going less and less every week because it is so hard to do that to her. She hates nursery too. She is going through a really serious separation anxiety phase!

- My brother Nick comes home from his mission on March 2. 11 Days!! We are so excited!

- We are having a house built in a nice little community here and we are really looking forward to getting in it at the end of May. Since we are only living in this apartment for a few months we haven't completely unpacked a lot of things and we are living in the middle of boxes. I can't wait to be somewhere more permanent. I am really looking forward to this!

The home site. Obviously there's not much to see at this point. We chose a nice flat corner lot so we can have a bigger yard.


Now on to the cowgirl. It has been so fun for Darcy to be here close to our parents as she's starting to really get into animals. She gets to see a dog at Grandma and Grandpa Christensen's and horses, cats, and chickens at Grandma and Grandpa Jenne's. Plus there are cows all over the place here. The other day my dad saddled up the horses and we took Darcy on her first ride. Before we went out my mom surprised us and gave Darcy some adorable pink cowboy boots. We found a little hat to go with the outfit.

Cowgirl!

The picture is so funny! Ashley made her a belt and belt buckle. Obviously it was a little big for her. :) Plus her hat is all messed up.

Another picture that cracks me up. The hat was a little big.

Take two.

Darcy riding a horse for the first time with me!

Brian and Haley went on a ride too.

I just got this new dress for Darcy and I thought her new boots looked so cute with it.

7 comments:

Ashley Calaway said...

We're so excited for you two! And we're so happy you live in the Tri-Cities. Where are you building your house? Next time we're in town we need to get together so you and I can actually meet in real life. :)

Tyler said...

Wait, so where will this house be? Richland? Horn Rapids?

Lindsey said...

It's in West Richland. I keep thinking the same thing Ashley. I would love to get together.

JaMie said...

Congrats on getting a home!! It will be fun to see the process!!

Brittany said...

um darcy is the cutest cowgirl EVER!!! you guys are so lucky you get to go horseback riding. i am totally jealous. :) so exciting about building a HOUSE!!!! def. keep posting pictures. that is so fun. we love you and miss you guys!

Laura Howe said...

That is so exciting for you guys to be getting into a new house!! Congrats!! sorry you still aren't feeling great, hopefully soon it will be better. Darcy of course is such a doll, I love the boots and am so jealous she got to ride the horses. Lydia asks me often, to go ride horses but I just have no idea where to find a horse here. :) I guess we'll have to come visit you guys.

Kristen and Alex said...

She is adorable! And I am so happy you will have a house so close to us! Yeah! It will be fun to have play dates and again...I am happy to take her for you any time! So PLEASE ask!