Sunday, April 24, 2011

Hoppy Easter!!

We had a great Easter! I hope you did too. I have SO many pictures because we did SO much celebrating! For some reason Easter at home was something I have been looking forward to for a long time. I had really been worrying about how we would split Easter up between our two families, but it ended up working perfectly I thought. We spent Saturday dying eggs and having an Easter egg hunt at my parents' house. We went to church in Mattawa and then went to Drew's Grandparents' for an Easter dinner and another hunt on Sunday. It was so fun to see his Mom's side of the family again. We definitely don't see them enough! The weather on both days was so beautiful!!

I love all the Easter traditions, but of course I can't talk about Easter without mentioning the Savior and the Resurrection. I am so grateful for Him and for my knowledge that He was crucified, but He lives again! And we can all live again after we die because of Him. The choir at church today sang these words so beautifully, ""There is no other name nor any other way whereby salvation can come. It's only in and through the name of Jesus Christ." (No other church choir I have ever heard is as amazingly good as the one in Mattawa!)


I think there are maybe only two people out there who will actually care to go through all of these pictures. :)

My mom decided we needed something that was Eastery but not sugary so she made these cute little guys. She cut some bread out with a cookie cutter, put some egg salad on top and made faces with olives! We were so impressed with her creativity.

There was no way I was going to let Darcy dye eggs this year (the thought makes me shudder) so I kind of assumed she would just hang out and run around while the rest of us took care of the eggs. Then Haley had this genius idea to let Darcy color on the eggs and then we would dye them so she could be part of it. She loved it.

My mom dying eggs.

Brian and Drew each working on a masterpiece.

I have a thousand pictures of Darcy hunting eggs. I put her in her dress both days because we always hunted eggs in our Easter dresses and it makes the pictures so much cuter. This was some posing before the hunting began. She was so excited to carry around her basket.


And of course a picture of a big cheesy grin.

Her first egg! Brian put a trail of eggs starting just off the porch for Darcy to get her started. It worked like a charm.

More of the trail of eggs.

Ashley doing some egg hunting.



Nick helping Darcy put things back together.

I get "the mask of pregnancy" when I'm pregnant, so I have white circles around my eyes and blotchy tan everywhere else on my face. I was sitting out in the sun so Ashley got me this umbrella hat to protect my face from the sun. Darcy saw it and just had to try it.

I took pictures of each of us with our best eggs. I think this is one of my best poses.

Haley made this football that I seriously thought was SO cute!

Ashley with her eggs.

Drew only dyed this one egg, so of course it was his best.

Brian really gets into the dying of the eggs. It was hard for him to choose his best. :)

My dad made this lovely eyeball.

My mom looked up online how to marble the dyes on the egg and gave it a try. It didn't really turn out so we got a kick out of these being her best.

Emily posing it up with her eggs.

Nick wasn't even at the house when we dyed eggs so we just gave him any old egg to hold for a picture.

Emily, Darcy, and Ashley after church in their Easter dresses.

Oh man. I thought we needed a family picture on Easter, but I really hate this picture of myself. Everything looks large and white. I am starting to be poofy pregnant. My favorite!

Drew's cousin Jeremy and his wife Ginger had this cute little guy Bronson just a little over a month after Darcy was born. They got to hunt eggs together and they were both so good at it. This is Ginger helping Bronson get started.

Grandpa Neil helping Darcy on the hunt.


Bronson and Darcy together!

Hanging the basket over her head.


Bronson and Darcy took off down a row in the orchard behind the house, but Darcy didn't get very far. I think Bronson would have just run forever if he could have. :)

I thought this picture was so cute!

7 comments:

Brittany said...

love darcy's easter dress ! so cute. and i don't think you look poofy or white at all. that is a super cute family picture. :) i'm very impressed with your egg dying skills! way to go!!

Chelsea said...

I think your family picture is darling! You do not look puffy pregnant, you look fabulous! Oh, and Little Darcy is a doll, such a cute little dress!

Ashley Calaway said...

Oh my goodness, she is so stinkin cute! I love her Easter dress. And you look great!! Trust me, I am still big and VERY white right now, and Claire is 6 months old! :) We're so happy your house is almost finished! It looks awesome. Hope we can get together sometime this summer while Dallin and I are here in the Tri-Cities!

Sierra said...

Maybe you should take a gander over at my blog and see what "real" puffy pregnant looks like ;)
Darcy's dress is SO cute!

Kristen and Alex said...

Cute! You guys had a lot of fun! I forgot my camera....and I am so bummed because we did a lot of fun things too. Love Darcy's cute dress and you look fantastic. Stop thinking that you look bad because you don't. You hardly even look pregnant.

Laura Howe said...

Stop!! You look awesome! don't even think you are poofy, although it is a great word. I love easter pictures.

Vicki Sabin said...

I must be one of the two people... And if my vote counts - it's a tie between Haley's football and Tim's eyeball.