Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ready to Pop/Wreath

I'm 39 weeks and 6 days today. I had a doctors appointment yesterday and the doctor offered to induce me today. I told him no, but when I got home and talked about it with Drew we decided that we would just go for it. I was hoping not to be induced this time because I thought the pain would maybe be more manageable if it came gradually. The doctor told me that because it is my second time it would be easier, and I honestly am just kind of ready to be done (not to mention the fact that Drew has a softball tournament next week that he can't miss). :)

They told me they would call me at 6:00 this morning and if they didn't to call them at 9 to see how things were going. I called at 9 and they said they are totally packed and probably won't be able to get me in until this evening at the soonest. I am bummed. I am not good at waiting. I guess today I will be working on patience. So I think we will have a baby tomorrow, on my due date.

Ready to GO!!

I have been feeling like we were seriously lacking some color at our front door so I looked up some ideas for a wreath. I originally tried to make this wreath yellow, but I tried a couple different yellows that just didn't seem right. I'm not usually a red person, because I am not that bold, but after looking at a bunch of different colors I thought it was the best option. It is bold, but I think I like it. I spray painted the wreath, added the little weed thing, and made the fabric flowers. All very easy and fast. (The only kind of craft I am into.)

Everyone come and visit us when this baby comes! We love visitors and don't you feel so welcomed at our front door?! :) (The inside of the house still feels really empty unfortunately.)

4 comments:

Tiffany Cramer said...

you are so LITTLE! Good luck with the delivery! Can't wait to see pics of your new baby!

Laura Howe said...

I love your wreath! good work. It's a good thing I don't live closer to you, I might just steal it. I can't wait to see baby pictures!! eeek!

Crystal said...

I think I am bigger than you and I am just 21 weeks! :) Good luck with everything! I hope all goes well and that you are able to have the baby soon!

Kristen and Alex said...

You are so cute! I can't believe you had an 8 lbs baby because you don't even look big. And your wreath is amazing! Can you teach me how to make one? Love it!!!