Wednesday, March 7, 2012

These Days

This is what's happening around here these days. No pictures. Boo.

- Drew has been building. I saw an entry bench on Pinterest I liked. I showed it to him. He made it in a couple hours. Wow! I painted it and I love it. I will post pictures eventually. Then he made storage shelves for the garage. Another wow! It is so nice to have the garage feel more organized. Now he is working on extending our cement slab in our back yard. Man he is handy!

A few weeks ago Drew got a new job within his job. He is enjoying having something new to do, and it's giving him extra work and keeping him busier which he appreciates.

- I have been decorating the house a little here and there. Drew helped me (well maybe he did most of it) put up a big picture frame collage in our long hall. I haven't gotten all the pictures printed yet, but when I do I will post pictures of that too. I love that we finally have things on our walls. It makes our house feel so much homier. (Is that a word?)

I had a major breakdown last week for a few days. Being a mom is just really hard sometimes, ya know? Especially when I feel so tired all the time. I thought I might just go crawl in a hole for a bit there, but then I started reading Sister Hinckley's book Glimpses and it pulled me out of my funk. She was such an amazing woman with the most incredible perspective and attitude. I want to be like her.

- Darcy has become an entertainer. I made up and taught her a song to help her learn to spell her name and she likes to sing that song and dance along. She expects clapping when she's done. Then she does a hilarious curtsy. She loves to turn on different songs on my keyboard and dance. She could dance forever. She prefers to have Drew and me dance with her and it can get pretty wild sometimes. :) She has learned from us and has started saying, "I like your moves mom/dad!" She cracks me up.

She still has her moments of course, but she's starting to be really obedient. It is so refreshing to tell her to do or not to do something and to have her listen to us. It's amazing! She is also getting really good about saying "please" and "thank you" (more like "sank you").

We had some great neighbors move into the house behind us and Darcy has been playing with them as much as she can and loving it. I love watching her learn how to interact and play with other little kids. They do the cutest and funniest things. She had her first race the other day and had no idea she was supposed to be in front, but she laughed the whole time they ran and almost fell over she was laughing so hard.

Oh and one more BIG thing about Darcy. She is officially a nursery-goer! I bribed her with ring pops and it was the right thing to do. :) She still cries when we leave her initially, but calms down quickly and then she even has fun! YAY! It really is a huge relief.

- Ezra is supposed to be gaining weight so he is getting stuffed with food all day. According to my scale he still isn't really gaining weight though and that kind of freaks me out. He goes to the doctor next week to be weighed so I guess we will see then if anything has changed.

He is starting to have a little separation anxiety and is pretty attached to his Mama at the moment. He will let other people hold him without any problem, but if I leave the room and come back he starts whimpering for me. He also loves to give kisses and slobber all over my face. I love it too actually. He is such a good snuggler.

He is sitting up and he has two teeth! I think more are on the way. He still scratches his head when he gets mad and if we let him cry for too long in his bed we will find him with blood on his head because he scratches so much. Not cool.

He is popular with the ladies. They can't get enough.

2 comments:

Luke said...

I liked your story of Darcy dancing. Our girls love to dance these days too. Just last night while Whitney was cutting the rug she looked over at me and said, "Hey dad, check out these moves!"

melanie said...

He is pretty popular with the ladies! You're a good Mom Lindsey! That definitely doesn't take away the hard days (which sometimes out number but never out weigh the good ones, just remember that).

Plus it's almost good weather time. That's always helpful!