Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Ouch!

I am sad to say Ezra seems to be pretty injury-prone. I didn't see it happen, but last week Darcy was closing the oven door and unfortunately Ezra's thumb was in the way. He came over to me crying, but it took me a minute to realize his thumb was gushing blood. I held a kleenex on it for a while, but couldn't really get the bleeding to stop enough to see exactly how bad the cut was. After calling Drew I decided to run him to urgent care. I was kind of hoping they would just tell me I was being silly and paranoid and send me home, but oh no! They decided it needed a staple. The doctor said to do stitches they would have to give him a shot above and a shot below, plus the stitching, so he just did the one staple with no anesthesia which I thought was crazy. When Darcy heard they were going to give him a staple she was devastated and started crying. I told her to look away and I had to look away too. Ezra really only cried for a minute right after and then he was fine and hasn't cared about it since. We will get the staple out in a couple days. Oh my poor baby.

No comments: