Sunday, September 28, 2014

Gleaning

Last week my mom invited us to come pick apples and make applesauce. My parents do business with a couple different orchardists that let them come pick the apples left over after they harvest for free. It is a pretty awesome deal! It was a really beautiful day and the kids had lots of fun picking apples and running around in the orchard near my parents' house. We got lots of apples and made some really yummy applesauce!
 Darcy trying to keep track of the buckets
 
 Ezra getting a lift from Haley
 

 
 Hanging out in an apple bin
 





 My Grandma makes an excellent hand model!
 
 I am bummed that none of these pictures had both of these funny boys in focus, but they were so cute anyway. They were trying to throw the apples with rotten spots in them over an apple bin, and I'm pretty sure nothing in their lives has been funnier to them. They were laughing so hard and being so very cute.
 


1 comment:

Brittany said...

Cute! That looks so fun.