Tuesday, August 1, 2017

5 Months

Shelby is five (and a half now) months old! Time is seriously flying by with this little one. I really feel like it was just the other day that I was whining about pregnancy, and now suddenly she's almost six months old.

- I didn't weigh or measure her this month, but she is growing. I met someone the other day who had a nine month old and she was thinking Shelby was probably around his same age. People regularly guess that she is older than she is.

- We get lots of comments about his eyes/eyelashes and her sweet cheeks.

- She is losing a lot of her hair and only has a few strange long hairs floating around up there. I mostly put a headband on her when we go out or when we take pictures.

- She has started to love her bouncer and will stay in there for quite a while which means my back has been improving. Yay!

- She still really hates the car seat, but is quite happy in the stroller. It has been so hot here lately, but we try to get out in it in the morning or evening when we can.

- She smiles at me so big when I sing to her. She really knows how to make a girl feel good about herself. :)

- All the kids love to come talk to her but for the boys it's generally really loud and startling, but she handles it like a champ. I had been telling them to quit it, but then I realized she was smiling at them and seemed to enjoy it. She's not going to be afraid of anything after being around those wild guys.


No comments: