Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Conference

Drew and I had such a nice General Conference weekend. Its so nice to be able to watch it from home. We stayed home on Saturday and on Sunday we went to Haley & Brian's for breakfast and then the first session. We went to our friend's house in Mud Lake for lunch and we watched the second Sunday session with them. General Conference is such a nice boost for me. We are so blessed to have a prophet to steer us in the right direction.

I am so happy that Drew is so willing to go to his priesthood meeting. I know there are some guys that fight having to go to another two hour session. While he was at his meeting Haley and I went to our friend Tiffany's house. I decided to surprise the guys with a cake decorated as a shirt and tie to show them that I was thankful for their willingness to go. They didn't seem quite as excited about it as I was, but it was fun to do anyway.

I have to give some credit to Tiffany for the design. I was making it way too complicated and she just drew up this little design and I just transferred it to the cake.
Me & my fancy creation.
I'm not sure what's with this pose. It was Brian's idea. I think they were congratulating each other for going to their Priesthood meeting or something like that.

2 comments:

Tiff said...

What a beautiful cake! You do great work...That was fun. We should all get together more.

Caralee and Jon said...

That is a way cute cake!