Friday, November 14, 2008

Internship

So Drew has been searching for an internship for January. Originally we thought we were going to be in Provo. With only about two months we found out that wasn't going to work out. Frustrating! We just found out he has a follow-up interview with a company called USAA in San Antonio. I'm excited that there are some prospects but quite honestly I am struggling with the idea of living there. I lived in Texas before and it was not pleasant. That is just too far from home! I'm trying to adjust my attitude about it. If nothing else it will be good interview experience for Drew. The other prospect it a company that I can't recall the name of in Denver. We drove through and stopped in Denver on the way home from Nashville this summer and it really was a nice area and I think I would be happier about that one even though its still kind of far from home. We just had thought we were going to end up in Provo with family, Las Vegas with family, or Tri-cities with family. Now those ideas have gone up in smoke and it has just been hard to make the adjustment. I'm scared to go be all alone somewhere. Up to this point I have always had people I knew go with me to new places. Whatever happens I know we will make it work and mostly I'm just happy that Drew is so persistant and determined to make something happen. Hopefully next post I will have some pictures. Pictures are more fun!

3 comments:

Seth and Sierra said...

San Antonio is great! I loved Austin/San Antonio over the summer! The people are so nice and there's so much to do! Shlitterbaun is there, an awesome outlet mall that is one of the biggest in the country is in New Braunfels which is the best place to go shopping, and the Glenn Jensen family is there, so you'll still have some family. I LOVED it there! I actually wouldn't mind if Seth did some rotations there so I can go back! It's gorgeous and there's so much to do! Yes, it's far away, but if you're going far away, may as well make it a great place to go :)

Jennes said...

One thing I was thinking of Liz is that this winter it might be really nice to be in San Antonio rather than Denver. Well, I guess that is unless you are going to be doing a lot of snowboarding and also Bryce and Sharee are there of course.

Kemp and Whitney said...

Don't worry, I know that you have lived in TX before but it's not really that bad is it? ;)j/k
We know how it is not to know anyone, but you will always find friends (promise). Good luck!