Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Babysitters!

This past week Drew and I took care of four kids while their parents had a little vacation. The oldest was a 10 year old boy and then the rest were girls 7, 5, & 3. Although I battled being tired a little bit it really was pretty fun. I am glad, however, that my kids will come one at a time and I will have the chance to get used to being a mom gradually. The boy knew more about tractors and farming than probably anyone else in the whole world, which was pretty funny to us. By the end of our week the three girls had become very attached to Drew, especially the youngest two. The last day we were there they made him the King and he laid on the couch while they waited on him and referred to him at "My Highness" (so funny). They brought him food, cleaned his "quarters" (which he ordered them to do to help me clean up the living room), planned his royal ball, and anything else he wanted them to do, and even some things maybe he didn't want them to do. I didn't know he had it in him to be such a good sport playing with little girls. It was so funny to watch.

3 comments:

Sharee said...

Whose kids?

Attitude of Gratitude said...

Oh, totally jealous--I miss those kids, especially the three girls.

Laura Howe said...

THat's so cute. Drew so needs a little girl.