Tuesday, November 10, 2009

This Week

First of all, I can't say thank you enough for the positive feedback I got from that last post. I know it was a little controversial which is not my favorite thing. I'm sorry if it may have seemed like I was being judgmental, that truly was not my intention. Like I said before though, I did feel like I was being led by the Spirit, and I can't argue with that. Moving on...ahhh.

Here are a few things that have been happening around our house this week.


Darcy will not open her eyes when it is bright outside, so I decided she needed some shades. They were 2 for $5 on sale at children's place online. They are so funny. She looks so cute in them. The first couple times I put them on her she was fine, but the last couple times she didn't seem to like them. I hope she really will wear them, or else she will never see anything outside when it is sunny. :) (Please forgive the drooly shirt. It's freaking me out because the only reason I know for babies to drool is if they are teething. She is only 3 months old! That better not be what it is. She has started wearing bibs since I took this picture.)
Darcy almost never goes to sleep without a fight. We had a couple strange days this week where she just couldn't help herself. Drew was walking around the house with her and then we realized she had just fallen asleep over his arm. We thought it was pretty funny.
I turned on some music and Drew danced with her and she liked it so much she fell asleep.
I always thought I was a pretty strong girl, but holding my 17 lb. baby all day long had proven to be harder than I thought! She is heavy! My arm always falls asleep and my back really is starting to hurt, so lately I've been trying to come up with anything to make my time holding her a little shorter. We decided to get her (and me) an early Christmas present. Here she is sitting in her bumbo. She really seems to like it. Today she sat in it and watched me cook dinner. It was wonderful!
Aren't these shoes adorable?! I have been waiting for these to fit her. Unfortunately, she got the Jenne genes for feet. Her feet are really chubby through the arches. (I guess it's possible the Christensen's have this gene too, but Drew is unable to confirm.) This makes it so these shoes will only start on her feet for about 30 seconds before she kicks them off. So a picture will have to do...sad. :(

4 comments:

Jennes said...

Great Pix Linz! Gotta love those shades. She is such a little dolly.

Chelsea said...

Those shoes are the cutest!! I love bumbos too, such a great invention, especially when she starts eating baby food. Bens was a big heavy baby too, I feel for your arms....Take care!

alex said...

I remember the days of fighting Delson to go to sleep too. The car seat was bad for him. Kristen would have to hold all his limbs from moving until he relented and went to sleep. It's good to see that we aren't the only ones that have to deal with that...

Caralee and Jon said...

Hey Linz,
Darcy is so cute! Love Drew dancing with her, Jon does that too with Jocelyn I love it!! You are totally right about the modesty thing. I also have totally felt like a loner growing up. I understand completely! Thanks for your example.