Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Yuck

This is my 100th post! I should make it something special I guess, but this is all I've got. :)

Drew likes to have Darcy do tummy time on his stomach...until last night. She spit up right into his mouth. It was so funny to me how grossed out he was. Then he was trying to get me to keep doing her tummy time like that...I don't think so!

Just before THE incident.

A couple other random thoughts:

My friend Brittany here in Pittsburgh introduced me to exercisetv online. I love it! I love workout videos, but I always end up buying a million because I like variety. This is a way I can do something different almost every day for free. It's so awesome. I thought I should share with everyone because I'm so sad I didn't know about it before.

Drew and I had a gift card to PF Changs from last Christmas that we decided to go use last night. I had been worried about going out to eat with Darcy and Drew kept telling me it would be fine. It was no big deal. Well I ended up being right! We were only there for about 5-10 minutes when she started crying. So I had to stand up and walk around the restaurant with her while Drew ate, and then we switched. So we ended up eating alone one at a time and stressing about her crying in the restaurant around all those people. We ended up leaving before we were really finished and getting our food to go. Drew just took her out to the car and I paid. I was soo anxious by the end of dinner. Drew even ended up stressed by the whole experience. We decided we won't try that again for a while. It really wasn't fun. I wish I could be one of those people who could just let my baby cry a little and not worry about all the people around me. I wonder if I will ever get to that point. We are flying home next month and after our eating out experience I am totally having anxiety about flying with her. I might just have a panic attack. I will be surprised if she and I aren't both in tears by the end of it. Any flying or eating out with a baby tips are welcome!!

Drew's parents and his brother Justin are coming this next week for Thanksgiving, and we are SO excited! I'm wondering how cooking in my tiny kitchen will go, but we will make it work I'm sure. 6 more days to go!

6 comments:

Jiggle Johnson said...

So I know you don't know me very well but I have great advice for flying!! First the more anxiety that you have the more she will have so plan out ahead of time what you are going to do if she crys and have about 5 different Ideas. The most important thing is to nurse her when the plan takes off and lands to help her ears with the popping. If you aren't nursing just give her a bottle. Don't sleep deprive her before the flight in hopes that she will sleep the whole flight. It wont work... i've tried it! Of course pray about it and then pray again. I am sure that everything will work out!

Laura Howe said...

What a fun dining experience. :) you need a babysitter. That is so funny darcy spit in Drews mouth. I think all 3 of my girls have pooped on me, but I'm not sure what's worse puke in the mouth or poop everywhere else. You be the judge. :)

when you fly, just feed her. no big deal. you can do hard things remember :)
beware with babies in planes, they like to grab the cups off your tray and spill it all over your lap. trust me. watch those little hands.

Jennes said...

Lindsey, Dad and I just ate at PF Chang's today with Ken and Karen and Danny, therefore I am so sorry you weren't able to enjoy it because we thought the food was soooo good! I hope you were able to enjoy the leftovers. I am sorry your night out was a bust. We look forward to seeing you soon. Can't wait to get to cuddle that sweet baby!

Tiffany Cramer said...

When you have a boy you will not only worry about the spit up in the mouth - you'll have to worry about pee fountains too. We have a really funny pic of Steve AFTER the incident. I'll have to show it to you - it's pretty funny.

Good luck with the flying - this is our first experience too! I guess you can be glad that you only have one baby and two parents, right? I like the comment about praying and then praying again. That sounds like the best idea to me. :)

Betsy said...

Hey Lindsey,
Its Betsy Allen. I found your blog from my cousin, Sharee's blog. Your little girl is adorable, she looks so much like a Jenne.
I totally understand about going out to eat and worrying about your baby crying. I am the same way, we've had a couple experiences that went that way.
My blog's private but if you want an invite just email me. betsywetsy99@hotmail.com

Brianne Serrano said...

Hey You- totally remember you guys! heard you had a baby!!! So adorable. Love getting picsof CHUBBY babies!!!! So fun for you. here isthe link http://www.etsy.com/shop/bornreadykid she is coming out with new stuff too. The skirts are mine though. i buy them for pictures but I can get you some if you want. They are $40.