Thursday, December 10, 2009

Late Thanksgiving Post

Drew's parents and his brother Justin came for a visit this Thanksgiving. I was thinking this would be my first year attempting to make a turkey and then Becky stepped in and saved me! Our meal was fabulous! I ended up eating after the rest of the group because of Darcy, but I'm getting used to that kind of thing. I was in charge of rolls and pies. Originally I was going to make three, but I was lazy and cut it down to two, which was OK I guess. We had left-overs filling up for fridge for the next week. It was so great not to have to cook for an extra week! Aside from our Thanksgiving feast we did some touring around the Pittsburgh area. Here are some pictures of our adventures.
A group shot after our Thanksgiving meal taken on our fancy table (aka our couches). :)
When Darcy was first born I failed to get pictures of her with Neil and Becky so I made sure to get some pictures with them this time. Here she is playing with Neil.
Becky and the chunk that is Darcy.
Isn't this picture so cute?! Darcy was really taken with her Uncle Justin.
Becky decided Darcy needed a snowsuit because we were touring all over and it was cold! So here is Darcy with Drew in her adorable new snowsuit. I just think she looks so cute!
We went to see the Falling Water house. Drew and I ended up not going on the tour because they wouldn't let little kids inside, but on our way to the waiting area where you take babies we got lost and ended up at the house. We snuck down and Drew got a picture with his phone. I was hoping we could go another time when Darcy is older and can stay with a babysitter, but Drew didn't really think he cared to see the inside. What a party-pooper! :) We'll see.
Darcy got hooked up with some early Christmas presents from the Christensen grandparents while they were here. Here she is before "she" opened her present.
And after! At first she didn't really know what was going on with this thing, but every day it seems like she's figuring it out more and more. She loves to be able to be up and looking around.
Hanging out with her new teddy bear.
We went on a little ride on one of the inclines where you can get a view of downtown Pittsburgh. Neil, Becky, Darcy, & Justin on the incline.
We toured the Hartwood Mansion. (I got kind of a mini tour because I had Darcy.) There were some pretty amazing Christmas decorations inside.
There is an amazing Christmas lights display around the Hartwood mansion. Darcy and I stayed home to have a break from the car seat but the rest of the group got to go and get some good pictures for me. I was hoping I would get to go another day with Drew but last night I asked Drew about it and he said very matter-of-factly, "Not gonna happen." So tender. :) Maybe next year.
Another shot of the Christmas lights.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Your hair is getting so long! Blonde still I see:) Looks like your Thanksgiving was fun, that mansion looked sweet, there must be a lot to do around where you live! Take care!

Haley Webb said...

Crack me up. I can just see Drew saying that. Don't even think about it Lindz. Plus Darcy sure was less excited before her present was opened. I can tell she was about sick of sitting in just a bumbo.

threelittlebackseatdrivers.blogspot.com said...

Finally, you retired those old ugly orange couches! It's @ time! :)