Tuesday, December 1, 2009

4 Months!

This post is a day late because she didn't have her 4 month checkup until today so I didn't have any stats. It doesn't seem possible but we love Darcy more and more every day. We have our rough patches, but ultimately we love having her and can't get enough of all her sweetness.

Things we want to remember about Darcy's fourth month:

- 17 lbs. 15 oz. Although that seems huge, her weight gain used to be up off the charts, but now it has come down closer to normal. :) 26 inches long.

- Sleeps from around 9:30-2:30, then 2:30-7:30...it seems like she's going backwards. She used to last longer. What happened?

- She loves foot massages. If she is crying we will lay her down or sit her in her bumbo and rub her feet. She gradually stops crying and brings her hands to her mouth to suck on them. Then she makes cooing noises. We think she's letting us know how good it feels. It's adorable.

- She is "talking" so much. She lays on the floor after I feed her and squirms around and babbles to herself for about 15 minutes. A lot of the time she will talk back to us when we talk to her. I think it's the cutest thing ever.

- She screams in the car. (So fun!) Most of the time the only remedy is for us to make animal noises. She especially likes the chicken and the elephant noise.

- We can put her to sleep without her crying if we dance her to sleep. Right when we turn on the music she calms down. She is just getting too heavy though so we're putting a stop to that. We decided we can't do that forever.

- The doctor said she would be rolling over by four months but she isn't. She is teetering up on her side, but hasn't pushed herself all the way over yet. We thought she was going to roll from her back to her belly first, but in the last two days she has made more progress from belly to back. These new discoveries are so exciting!
The close up. She wasn't cooperating very well for her photo shoot today.
The full body shot. Look how long she is!
Darcy can officially wear a ponytail. She probably could have a while ago, but I never tried...and I probably won't be trying again for a long time. She hated it. It was too awkward to put it in without pulling her hair a little because she won't hold her head still. Even though it's so cute, it just isn't worth it to me.

P.S. She had her second round of shots again today and she did amazingly well! She barely cried. This nurse was faster and once I picked her up she was good. I was so relieved. I didn't even cry this time! I was soo brave. :) She is asleep right now and I assume she's going to sleep a lot today. That's what she did last time. If that's as bad as it gets, I'll take it. I just love her!

4 comments:

Sam said...

She is sooo cute. She makes me want to have my baby girl now!

Taylor said...

I love those darling cheeks! Gotta love the chunky babies :)

Kemp and Whitney said...

she is so chubby. I love it!

Laura Howe said...

I wish you weren't so stinking far away. I miss you guys. I like reading your posts because you write just like you talk and I can picture it. Darcy is so cute, I want to kiss her cheeks. I am so proud of you for being so brave, and I think you should record the animal noises, maybe you and Drew are the baby whisperers, you could sell your animal noises for hundreds of dollars. :D