Friday, April 30, 2010

9 Months!

Every month is more fun! Especially in the last couple weeks she has started to do all sorts of fun things. 9 months seems like a big milestone to me for some reason. I just can't believe how soon she will be 1!

Things we want to remember about Darcy's ninth month:

- 18 lbs. 12 oz. 28 inches. She hasn't hardly gained any weight in the past few months and the doctor told me (in a nice way) I need to feed her more. I am happy to do it, but I just can't believe it because it seems like she never stops eating as it is! We're really gonna have to pack it in.

- Goes to sleep at 8 and wake up around 7 (although she has been liking to wake up closer to 6:30 pretty often much to my dismay). 1 1/2 hour nap around 9 and another 1 1/2 hour nap around 2:30.

- Crawling (when she really wants to) and pulling herself up on things. That last thing isn't very fun in the bath tub! This morning she stood up in the bath tub, slipped, and bonked her head. No fun!

- Waving, clapping, shaking her head, playing peek-a-boo all in the last couple weeks.

- Talks all the time. We love it.

- She love to feed herself. Cheerios and little puffs cereal are her favorites. She loves all food except marshmallows. I gave her one the other day and it freaked her out. I think she doesn't like the texture when she touches it.

- 5 teeth. We keep expecting the 6th to make its debut any day.

- She sits up in the shopping cart now which makes shopping SO awesome!

- I thought she was coming out of the separation anxiety phase last month but I was so wrong. She will let Drew hold her usually but not for very long. She will only let anyone else hold her for about 30 seconds.

The close-up.
Darcy wanted to put a little spice into the full body shot this month I guess. Doesn't it look like she's doing some latin dancing?
Yesterday I tried to have a little photo shoot with her and I took tons of pictures. None of them turned out but this one.
The other night I went in to check on her before I went to bed and she was curled up like this and the picture doesn't really show it but she was kind of on all fours. She has lots of interesting sleeping positions.

I feel like I'm going a little bit overboard with the video thing, but Darcy is just doing all these new little tricks that I love to document and this is the only way our families across the country get to see all these fun stages.
The other day I clicked on a link that started some music and when the jazzy music started Darcy started shaking her head. Her whole life (I know it's been a long one) Drew and I have used crazy dancing to entertain her and I was excited to see that she caught on and she knows what to do when the music starts! :) She has even added some awesome arm movements. When we hold her up or she's standing by something she does the always popular baby knee-bend dance. Love it!
Darcy has been threatening to crawl for the past month and just in the last couple days she really took off and decided she wanted to get moving. Food was what finally motivated her. Shocker!

4 comments:

Attitude of Gratitude said...

They grow so fast don't they? I was always torn between being thrilled at their newest advancement and wanting to keep them little. She is adorable! I bet she has Dad wrapped around her finger. Thanks for all of the encouragement and support. Drew told Blaine you participated in the fast--thanks a million. We definitely felt comforted and appreciate your friendship.

Cassie said...

She is so darling!!

Dione said...

Cute! 9 months was the best!! Brynne didn't gain weight around that time either, but she has made up for, so I'm sure Darcy will too :)

Brittany said...

oh my! sooo cute. i love the picture of darcy showing off a little leg. :)