Sunday, April 4, 2010

General Conference & Random Pictures

With Darcy needing my attention it was kind of hit and miss which talks I actually got to listen to for General Conference this time, but what I did hear was so great. I hate to admit it but Saturday morning I was in a cranky mood. I was mostly just tired which is where my crankiness usually comes from. I was feeling a bit like a lousy excuse for a mom, etc. etc. etc...I will spare you the details. Anyway, luckily I was having a moment to sit and listen when Elder Ballard started speaking. Through his whole talk I felt like he had prepared that talk just for me. It was so uplifting and encouraging. He talked about how important our role as women is in influencing the next generation, and it gave me the kick I needed to recommit myself to being the best mom I can possibly be.

As summer is approaching, just like I do every year, I have been dreading the challenge of finding things I can wear that are modest and that I don't sweat to death in. For the last four summers I have been surrounded by a group of girls also committed to wearing modest summer clothes and it has been nice to have that support. This summer I'm on my own though. I have been feeling a little nervous about looking out of place in my long shorts and sleeved shirts while almost everyone else here is wearing much less. Elder Ballard also addressed this. He said something along the lines of "The women of the church should not look to the world for how to act or dress (or something like that), but the women of the church should show the rest of the world how it should be done." That was the worst quoting job ever!! :) I felt SO encouraged by his words. As I sat there in my long shorts I felt like running outside to show everyone that I was not ashamed, and I felt ready to do what I could to be an example to the world.

It turns out conference actually ended up focusing a lot on the importance of strengthening out families and I am excited to work on being better.

Here are some random pictures from this week.
When Darcy was really little I tried painting her toenails but failed. I finally decided to try again. I made a big mess but just cleaned off her skin around the toenail and it turned out all right. Just don't look too close!

Darcy always sits in her high chair with her one foot up like this lately. It cracks me up.

I just think these pictures of Drew and Darcy are SO sweet!

This was the best video I got of this action, but it isn't all out. She usually kicks and swings her arms up and down forever. It seems like it would hurt her feet to kick the floor as hard as she does, but she just keeps going.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

I love the tiny painted toenails! Adorable!

Heidi said...

she is getting so big.They grow so fast! She is such a cutie. I am going to miss you this summer.