Monday, April 12, 2010

Curtains

The title of this post is so intriguing right? I bet when you saw the title you could hardly wait to read it! :)

The other day while I was taking a nap I had a dream that I made some curtains for Darcy's room and I woke up excited to make them. Her bed time is 8 and this time of year it's still too bright which makes it hard for her to sleep. A while ago I was into making her curtains and I wanted to find a fabric with stripes but everything I found that was anywhere close to what I wanted was really expensive. My dream showed me some curtains that were fabulously cheap to make! The day I went to get my supplies everything at Joann's was on sale for 50% off. It was awesome! They are not the curtains I would have for her room if I had lots of money and a house (in fact almost nothing in her room is) but they are cute enough for now and I had fun having a project.
The gray fabric is perfect for keeping it a little darker in her room but not pitch black. The flowers are just cut out of felt.
And basically anything worth posting has a picture of Darcy right? Today she was laying down on the floor and I looked away. When I looked back she was sitting up. I had never seen her do that before, and she seemed pretty proud of herself.

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

Great job on the curtains. I am loving grey lately. And wow, that picture of her sitting up is ADORABLE. She looks so happy!

Unknown said...

Wow Lindz, cute curtains! I love to see you have a chance to create! Nice to have a little Suzie Homemaker time huh. This picture of Darcy is so cute! Her hair is really getting longer and so blonde now!

Haley Webb said...

Haha, it looks like Brian (jojaboy) is really excited about your curtains :) Oh, I can't stop laughing at it. This is priceless. Nice job on the curtains, how cool that you were inspired by a dream!

Jennes said...

What fun! I guess I was logged in as Brian somehow.

Kemp and Whitney said...

That is sooo stinkin cute!