Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sleepy

I have heard lots of stories and seen lots of pictures of babies falling asleep randomly in crazy places. I always thought it would be so funny but assumed it would never happen with Darcy because she has a really rough time going to sleep always. Well it happened today! I loved it. She woke up early and I kept expecting her to take a nap, but she just wasn't acting tired. She had been awake forever. She started fussing a little and I thought she was hungry so I got her a snack and set her on the floor. I looked over a minute later and she was folded in half holding her blanket and a few teddy grahams, fast asleep. Crazy, funny, and so cute! I snapped a couple pictures and took her up to her bed.



I know it isn't time for a scheduled update about Darcy, but I just wanted to document a few things she has been doing lately.

- She has started saying "dada." In church on Sunday Drew was passing the sacrament and he happened to come to our row. When he got close to us and Darcy spotted him she said "dada" like she was so excited to see him. We could hear a bunch of people around us chuckling or "ahh"ing.

- She has started making some major messes. It is amazing what she finds to make a mess with. I clean up when she goes to sleep, but within about five minutes of her waking up it's a complete disaster again. FUN!

- The past few days she slept past 7 in the morning!! It was awesome. Today she went back to 6:10 again though. It was great while it lasted.

2 comments:

Sam said...

It is amazing that a person so little can make such a big mess. But just wait it gets worse! And I can only imagine what it's like when you have more than one mess maker running around!

Kristen and Alex said...

I love all of your New York trip photos! Even though you have had to travel a lot while being married to Drew and that probably has been a bit difficult being so far away from family and all, you have been blessed to see and experience some amazing things and I am jealous of you for that. I would love to go to Palmyra! Especially since I am reading all the Work and the Glory books right now. I would love to go to some of those church history sights. Thanks for posting all those pictures! I love it! Miss you guys!