Friday, October 8, 2010

Pictures/Almost News

We thought we were going to hear today whether or not Drew was getting the job in Tri-Cities, but they are waiting on one more guy to give the OK. They told us we will know for sure by Tuesday. They said he will be getting an offer, we just have to wait to see what the offer is. We are so excited and anxious. It just sounds like such a dream come true to be there so close to our families. We will keep dreaming for a few more days I guess.

I have been waiting to update my blog until we got the news about the job, but I am getting in trouble with my family for not posting. So, here are lots of pictures of this last week to tide them over until Tuesday. :)
Darcy needed some shoes that weren't sandles for the fall, so we went shopping. I think her new shoes look so cute on her and I had to take some pictures.

A close-up of the shoes.
We've been getting crazy with Darcy's hairstyles this week. Here is the pig-tail messy buns look.
I just thought this was cute.
I do a little yoga every now and then (seriously not very much) and Darcy must be watching because one day out of the blue she bent over and did downward dog. Sometimes she will be walking along and just stop to do downward dog and then move on. She is serious about her stretching.
The other day I was filling up a water bottle and Darcy wanted whatever I had. She was crying at my feet so I decided to just hand her an ice cube. I figured she wouldn't like how cold it was, but I was wrong. She was so excited about it. She just kept switching hands and sucking on it and talking and laughing. The strangest things make her happy.
Another hair style. Today I did a french-braid across her head. I added a flower for the clip later and she looked so cute.
The french-braid with the flower.
This is just really Darcy's favorite thing. She would hang out all day outside on and around this step if I would let her. Some days we spend a lot of time out there.
I just really wanted a cute picture of me with Darcy so I had Drew take some today. The headband I'm wearing I made at a church Young Women's activity I was in charge of.
Oh so naturally having so much fun together on the door step. She seriously is fun to have around! :)
Trying to get away from the camera.
I made my first cheesecake today. It was meant to be a celebration cake after we found out good news about Drew's job. The news was only semi-good, but we ate the cheesecake anyway and it was "totally" good. (We just got back from playing tennis so don't judge us for looking nasty.)

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

Your little girl is so darling!! I love the french braids and hair clips and pink shoes!! So fun. Thats so great about the job, I am sure the offer Tuesday will be awesome!

Haley Webb said...

I love the hairstyles, and the shoes. I have a step Darcy could come sit on, so we really hope you can come soon. And I don't think anyone will judge you when you make cheesecake that looks that good! Although I did laugh when I thought Drew's shirt said No Gas :)

Brittany said...

oh my. love the pictures lindsey!!! you are such a professional hair stylist. and the ones of you two together are really cute. p.s. i'm so glad we got to share in the celebratory cheesecake. :)

Tiffany Cramer said...

Darcy is one gorgeous little girl! I love her hairdos and I love your headband. I bought some headbands so that I can do something like that too. Did you just hot glue fabric onto felt? Or what did you do?

We got back into our house on Friday night! We need to have you guys over. We are going to Ohiopyle this Saturday. Would you guys want to go with us and a few other families?

Laura Howe said...

I'm excited to hear about the job, That will be so nice. Sarcy is so cute! I love the Mom and Darcy pictures.