Sunday, November 21, 2010

Ham Glaze

Once again I need somewhere to save this recipe because I will want it in the future. Maybe someday I will actually put it in my recipe box, but for now I will just put it here.

I love ham and I thought this glaze was so delectable! We just used a little 2 lb. turkey ham, so I halved this recipe and we still had some extra.

HOLIDAY HAM GLAZE

Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,2255,153177-229203,00.html
Content Copyright © 2010 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.
1/2 cup pineapple juice and chunks
1 cup brown sugar
4 tsp. prepared mustard
2 to 3 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. ground cloves
Combine ingredients in a food processor or blender. (If a blender is not available, use pineapple juice without the chunks).

Bake ham (half or whole). 30 minutes before ham has finished cooking, remove from oven. Score the top of the ham diagonally in a criss-cross fashion 1/8-inch deep using a sharp knife.

Spoon mixture over ham, brushing to cover entire ham.

Return ham to oven for final 30 minutes of cooking, basting frequently with mixture.

Remove ham from oven and cover with foil loosely. Let sit for 10-15 minutes before carving.

I put a little water in the bottom of the pan because I read on another recipe that that would keep the glaze from burning on the bottom. It seemed to work.

Our ham was little so I cooked it for around 45 minutes total at 350.

No comments: