Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

We are in our house! YAY! We have been in it for the past four weeks, but somehow I lost the pictures I took when we first got the keys so I will have to retake some to post later. We are loving it more and more all the time. It is pretty empty and probably will be for a long time. As we slowly fill it up it feels more and more like home.

We really had such a great Memorial Day weekend. We had family here from both sides and we loved getting to see everyone. Our sister-in-law Sharee was here with her two cute boys Case and Miles and I loved that Darcy got to play with her cousins. She thought Case, who is a year older than her, was so cool. She loved following him around.

My dad's brother Alan and his whole family also came to visit. I hadn't seen any of them in a couple years and I really loved catching up with them.

I lost the pictures I took of this along with our house pictures so I stole these from Sharee's blog. (I hope that's OK Sharee!) Drew's parents got this cool car that can go almost anywhere for the kids to drive and it was a big hit. I was amazed at Case's skills as a 2 year old driver.

Darcy really was happy to just be the passenger, and that was a good thing because she couldn't reach the gas pedal. When we had her try driving Case had to push the pedal from the passenger seat for her.

Darcy and Case watching TV together. (I think Darcy only lasted about a minute.)

The other cool thing they got for the kids was this awesome blow up slide/pool. Darcy LOVED it! It was actually a pretty cold day to be in the water but she didn't care. She never wanted to get out, and I think she went down the slide about 50 times.

On Memorial Day we got together with some extended family and it was so fun to have all the little kids together. This is Sarah with Braden, Case, Delson, Darcy, and Kambria.

I have so many of these pictures of Darcy with a big smile on her face.

Just another picture of the happy girl.

Here are the boys at my parents' house playing bocce ball. They did lots of this that weekend. I thought this was such a manly pose for Nick.

Darcy had so much fun playing on the swing with Haley and Ashley...until she fell ofF and hit her head. Haley kind of caught her on the way down, so it softened the fall but she was still a little traumatized. Whenever she sees a swing she says, "Darcy fall" but she still likes them.

Most of the gang hanging out outside my Grandma's house. I love family get-togethers!

No comments: