Thursday, June 23, 2011

6 Years/Father's Day

Our 6th anniversary was the last day of the family reunion, so we were in Idaho. We have made a pretty big deal out of our anniversary in the past, so we decided it was OK to let it be very low-key this year. We didn't do presents at all. I think sometimes it's nice to do that. The only thing we really did was go out to eat at Garcia's in Idaho Falls for dinner. We both had a dish there that we really loved, so we were excited to get to try that food again. We went with Darcy, my sister Emily, our friends Jordan and Abbie (who we hadn't seen in way too long) and there two cute kids. The food and the company were great!

We have done so many great things together in these six years. More than anything I am so grateful for the blessings of the temple and that we have each other for eternity.

We were on the road on Father's Day so that was another low-key holiday for us. We ended up having a Father's Day dinner and Family Home Evening lesson about fathers on Monday night instead.

Drew is such an amazing dad. Darcy and our future babies are so lucky to have him. I love to watch him play with Darcy. She thinks he is the bee's knees, and I agree with her. Happy Father's Day Drew!

And a quick shout out to Darcy's grandpas who she is also very attached to. Happy Father's Day to my dad and Drew's dad! We love you!

Darcy and Drew eating Father's Day dinner. I really love sparkling cider so I love any excuse to have some. We had manicotti for dinner which is Drew's favorite and cinnamon rolls for dessert (I don't know if those are his favorite but he sure devoured them.) :)

No comments: