Wednesday, November 16, 2011

2...Again


I just barely took Darcy to her two year checkup and I thought I would do a little update about her.

- She is about 34 lbs which is in the 95th percentile. I can't remember what her height was but I know it was in the 75th percentile. The doctor told me I am supposed to really crack down on her diet because her BMI is a little too high and we have a family history of diabetes. I almost cried right there in the doctor's office. She is really active and I was always so happy that she was such a good eater. I was shocked to have the doctor tell me that, because up until now her doctors always acted like if was a good thing that she was packing on the pounds. So we are trying to be really careful about not having too many snacks during the day.

- She has LOTS of energy! After she takes her nap in the afternoon she is non-stop action until bed time. Drew keeps asking her "What are you on?" I think she's just two. I honestly can not keep up with her though. I keep researching things that would keep her busy, but nothing lasts long enough! So I keep ending up letting her watch more Dora than I really want her to.

- She loves birthdays. She sings the happy birthday song all day long to everyone and everything (Grandpa, Ashley, Ezra, Dora, couch, ball, hot dog, etc.) And she has started saying happy birthday to people as a greeting. Haha. Brian has really enjoyed helping her solidify this as her greeting. When he sees her he says, "Happy Birthday Darcy" and she replies "Happy Birthday Brian" and then he gives her a hug or plays with her or whatever. Thanks for that Brian! :)

- She also says "good job" to us. She will ask me to draw something and when I do she will say, "good job mom." (Even if it was a terrible drawing.) She does this for lots of things like singing a song or playing a song on the piano, or kicking a ball, or making her some food item.

- Drew taught her how to dribble a soccer ball the other day, and she is actually pretty darn good at it and it is so cute.

- She loves to play with her little kitchen and cooking stuff and draw on her easel. She asks us to go upstairs to play with her all the time.

- She is potty trained!! (mostly) She is still wearing a pull-up at night and sometimes it isn't dry in the morning, but during the day she's a champ.

- She is very helpful and likes things to be in their place. If I eat something with a wrapper and just leave the wrapper beside me she will come get it and take it to the garbage. She likes to go get Ezra's clothes and his diaper if he needs a diaper change.

- She loves to jump on the trampoline.

1 comment:

Kristen and Alex said...

That's amazing that she is potty trained already. Isn't it nice? It's amazing that you trained her with a new baby in the house. I can't imagine doing that. The night time thing will eventually come. Delson isn't even night trained yet. She is super adorable!