Friday, January 13, 2012

Drew's 28th Birthday

For Drew's birthday this year I was so brave and had my mom come babysit. I don't know why I am such a wimp, but I really am not good at leaving my kids, even though it was with someone I trust completely. We got a gift card to Outback for Christmas so we went out to eat just the two of us for his birthday. It was really supposed to be for Drew, but it really was exciting and good for me too. It has been so long since we have had a date, and it was so great to get to sit down and really talk and just be together. When we got home we had cake and Drew opened his presents. I got him a skateboard. It was kind of meant to be a gag gift, but he actually seemed pretty into it.
Drew eating his free birthday ice cream at Outback. (Taken with my phone.)

Drew blowing out his candles. (Somebody get me a cake plate when my birthday comes around! I had to use a spring form pan. haha) I found a recipe on Pinterest for lemonade cake. It was good but it wasn't really as exciting as I had hoped it would be.

We told Darcy a few days before that it was almost Drew's birthday and she was so excited about it. She loves the "blowing-out-the-candles" part of birthdays.

Ashley got a chance too.

Drew opening his present from my mom. A new trash can! I suggested this present to my mom, because Drew kept mentioning how unsatisfied he was with our plastic one. :) It is stainless steel and automatic! Awesome!

1 comment:

Kristen and Alex said...

FUN! Girl....you have GOT to go on more dates! I know it is hard to leave your little ones, but you just HAVE to do it! And the more you do the more comfortable you will become with it. It's good for you and Drew and for the kids to get comfortable with other people. We will talk more about this when we get together. We could babysit for you too!