Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Halloween

 Halloween was pretty intense for me this year, but still good. It was fun to watch Darcy start to get into it and see her excitement about all the fun things that go along with this holiday.

 Carving a pumpkin was the first bit of excitement. I am so thankful Drew is willing to do this one, because it really is not my favorite. Darcy loved it! She loved scooping out all the seeds, and actually did a pretty good job of it. I told her to say "Happy Halloween!" to the camera and it made her giggle and I got this really genuine smile for the picture which I LOVE!

 We cut a chunk off the lid that was really thick and let Darcy have at it which a spoon, and she thought she was doing some serious work. Eventually Ezra found a little chair, pushed it over to a big chair, crawled from chair to chair and then on to the table. Crazy climber had to get in on the action.

 The finished product. (Oh how I wish I knew how to use my camera.)

 At the last minute I changed up Darcy's Little Red Riding Hood costume and I decided she needed an apron. I went from store to store to store trying to find something that would work. I eventually found this plain little apron at Joann's (which I was actually so happy about I almost cried from joy) and decided I could spice it up.

 The after photo. I was pretty happy with how it turned out!
 Little Red Riding Hood before trunk-or-treat without the hood. (I put a little makeup on her which was so fun!)

 Our little trunk-or-treaters getting it done.

 I really would be happy if I never had to dress up for Halloween again in my life and didn't plan to this time, but as we were about to leave the house Drew walked out dressed up! So then I couldn't be the only one not dressed up. Here we are all dressed up together. Drew's fabulous suit is always a hit with everyone.

 Darcy got to wear her costume to dance on Halloween so I dressed Ezra up too and took them to the park for a photo shoot on the way. This little girl just has to be the cutest Little Red Riding Hood ever! I just want to squeeze her.

 Hood on.

 And this little man has to be the cutest Peter Pan ever! I made his belt out of felt because I was unaware of how much it would stretch. It eventually became this string of a belt. Drew whittled him a little knife (Super Dad!) but we forgot it for the photo shoot, so his scabbard is pulled up funny for the picture.

 Darcy dressed up with the other girls at dance.

My mom brought Ashley and her friend Myrla to come trick-or-treating. I felt bad that they drove an hour and we only lasted for about 20 minutes on the doors. It was too cold, and the kids got plenty of candy!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

aww they are so cute!! and you can't blame drew--he should wear that suite any chance he gets! :)