Monday, November 5, 2012

Something for the Wall

The cords to both of our lap tops were ruined and I have gotten behind in my blogging, so I'm playing catch up again.

I have been looking for something to put on the wall of the landing. I wanted a saying that was something like a family moto. I saw this sign on Pinterest (of course) and loved it. I don't think it is going to be our permanent family moto, but I do like it while I keep searching for the perfect thing. I love the double meaning. I love that is encourages positive thinking about the people around us, and also encourages us to be amazing.

The other day I called my dad to ask where a good place to get cheap wood to make a headboard was, and he told me he had lots at his house. We did get wood for a headboard, which we haven't made yet, but we also hit the jackpot for pallets! He has hundreds of pallets that he doesn't need. So we got some for a couple different projects.
 
I copied the Pinterest sign almost exactly. I had to make all my own stencils which took a while, but I really do love how it turned out. Now I need to find some other things to go up there with it so it doesn't look so lonely.




3 comments:

Ashley Calaway said...

I LOVE the sign! So cool! I have been wanting to make a headboard out of pallets for such a long time and I love the look of the wood you used. We really need to find some old pallets and make this happen. :)

melanie said...

I love it Lindsey! Get me some wood then teach me how to stencil :).

Tiffany Cramer said...

you did such a good job! I also have this pinned and have plans to make my own stencils and make this sign...does that mean we can't be neighbors? uh oh! Yours turned out great and I love where you put it in your house. It's the perfect spot.