Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Prep

 We have been busy getting ready for Christmas over the last few weeks. Despite the fact that we have been married over seven years, we got our first ever Christmas tree this year! I love how festive it makes our house feel. Darcy is old enough to be excited about the tree, Christmas lights, Christmas cards, and lots of the other fun things that go along with Christmas, like gingerbread houses! My mom, who is a woman of many talents, crocheted some big snowflakes to go on our tree. We had a family home evening party at our house to starch the snowflakes, and make a gingerbread house. It was so fun to have everyone here, and I love the snowflakes on my tree.
Drew and my dad were in charge of babysitting Matthew and Ezra, and they handled themselves quite well. (except for the multiple times we had to tell them to come get the babies away from the frosting and candy) :)

Darcy loved this activity! Especially the eating part. Everyone was trying to get her to save the gingerbread house so it could be decoration for the Christmas season, but it was basically gone by the next day. (Drew and I might have helped)

We eventually set some chairs up to block the boys. Darcy slipped through the back of the chair, so my dad thought he would try too. He wasn't quite fitting so Darcy tried to help pull him though. We all had a good laugh over this one.

My mom and I hard at work starching the snowflakes.

The finished gingerbread house. It took some work to convince Darcy it would be ok to put a dot of frosting and a little piece of candy on her nose. That just didn't seem right to her.

Our Christmas tree. I spent hours making that popcorn and cranberry garland, but it didn't last long.

A close-up of a snowflake

The reason the garland didn't last.

We have to redecorate the tree every once and a while. This was Darcy working on it one day after dance.

4 comments:

Kell Bjorn said...

Those snowflakes are awesome! I need to learn how to do that.

Haley Webb said...

These pictures are so funny and I usually dislike all pics of myself so you did well as a photographer. Maybe it is because we were doing such festive stuff that makes them so magical and cute.

Brittany said...

um darcy is the cutest ballerina! and those snowflakes are SO cool! does your mom have a pattern for them or did she just make them up?

Abigail said...

What a merry looking Christmas! Hope it was fabulous. We miss you guys!!