Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Today's Happy Moments

 I had a couple especially happy moments with each of my kids today that I wanted to jot down.

Darcy - I had been running around trying to get the house all cleaned up during Ezra's nap before Drew got home. At one point I walked into the kitchen to work on some dishes and said something about the house still being a mess. After I had been in there for a few minutes Darcy said, "Mom! Now look at the house!" I stepped out and looked in the living room and she had cleaned it all up! I seriously almost cried. It kind of chokes me up thinking about it now. I am constantly amazed at how thoughtful this girl is! She doesn't miss anything. She saw I was a little anxious, and she came to my rescue! Man I love her. I danced her around the room and told her a million times how happy it made me that she had done that service for me, and she was beaming from ear to ear. We were both so proud of her. :)

Ezra - I had really started getting into cooking right before we found out Ezra had all these allergies. I have been in kind of a cooking slump since there are so many ingredients I can't use anymore. I am constantly searching for something a little more exciting or different and delicious to make for our family and have it be safe for him. It is rare to find somethings we love. I found this recipe on Pinterest for Spaghetti with Sauteed Chicken and Grape Tomatoes (that I adapted with rice noodles) and decided to make it tonight. We ended up loving it! The thing that made it extra exciting was that Ezra eventually picked up his plate and licked it clean! Again, I almost cried. (Ok maybe I'm a little quick to cry.) Feeding this boy is just so much of my life that having him react like this makes me soo happy.

No comments: