Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Valentine's Day

 We had a really fabulous Valentine's Day (and beyond) this year. I felt a little bit like a slacker with my kids' Valentine's this year, but when Darcy saw her's she said, "This is like Christmas!" so I guess it was alright. :) We spent most of our time working on Valentine's for our extended family members. We made heart-shaped rice krispy treats on a stick dipped in chocolate. It was a little trickier than I expected because the rice krispies started to implode when they were dipped, but it was still worth it. Darcy was so excited to take Valentine's to people and I hope she always loves to give like this!

Drew and I had a night and a day getaway to go snowboarding together. We had never left our kids for more than a few hours before, and it was soo hard for me to leave my kids behind when we left my parents' house. I shed a few tears when we were driving away. Ezra was awake for about four hours in the middle of the night with Emily and my mom...but other than that it was perfectly fine. :) Yikes!

Drew and I had so much fun together at Bluewood. It was such a beautiful day! We went snowboarding together a lot in high school, in college, and a little before we had kids, but it had been five years since I had last gone. I was so nervous, and couldn't remember how to do some things, like which foot I left in, and how to smoothly get on the lift, but once I was actually snowboarding it mostly all came back to me. It was really so fun to do this together again. We also had lots of great conversation. We tend to get lost or cut off in the middle of conversations a lot with our kids, and it was nice to finish our sentences. :)

I love Valentine's Day more and more every year.
  
 Darcy enjoying her Valentine. She couldn't handle having any of us wait to look in our mailboxes. She was just too excited!

 Ezra checking out his Valentine.

 Drew and I ready to hit the slopes.

 Me jumping. (My only trick)

 Drew jumping. (Not his only trick)

 Me jumping again.

 Drew on a box.

Fun on the lift

No comments: