Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Darcy's Perspective

Yesterday Darcy and I were watching a show together while Ezra was sleeping. In the show there was a lady who had just had her first baby. The look on Darcy's face while that women got to experience being a mom for the first time was so magical. She was sitting up on the edge of her seat, she had this little smile on her face, and her eyes were so bright. I wish I could describe it better. Then she turned to me and said, "Oh wow! I bet she is going to be a great mama!" I'm not sure why, but this sweet perspective choked me up suddenly. She didn't know that woman, and had only seen a couple minutes of her on the show, and yet she was automatically assuming the very best about her.

As Darcy gets older and better at communicating all the time, she is becoming my sweetest little friend. Her perspective and insight knocks me off my feet sometimes. She is so quick to love, and I am learning so much from her.

No comments: