Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas Tree and Lights

 I don't know if I can emphasize enough how much I LOVE the excitement of Christmas with little kids! It is so much fun seeing it all through their eyes. We decided that this year we would stay home for Christmas night and morning for the first time. It was hard to make that decision, but now that we have we are really excited about it. Drew has been trying to convince me to stay home for Christmas for a long time, and I have been trying to convince him to put Christmas lights on the house. He told me that he would put lights on the house if we decided to stay home. So we both got our wish. Poor Drew though, ended up putting lights on the house in the most awful weather. I could barely handle to step outside for a few seconds to take a picture, and he spent a couple hours out there.
 What a guy!!! We love our lights! Don't let that clear blue sky fool you.

 I love these pictures of my kids by the tree. Darcy has especially been excited about the tree. 


 Ezra is especially excited about the lights on the tree. If we ever unplug the lights when Ezra is around he is quick to remedy the situation.


 
Darcy really thought we needed candy canes so we went and got some, but I ended up taking a nap before hanging them. When I came out of my room Darcy had taken care of it herself. She had broken and/or eaten about half of them, but she was pretty proud of herself.

No comments: