Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Caroling at the Nursing Home

 My friend Audra (the lady standing in the red sweater below) is the one who put together Darcy's preschool group and schedule. She pretty much runs the show, and she does such an amazing job. I love that she added caroling to a local nursery home to our list of things to do. I wish I was better at this kind of thing. Sadly I always feel really awkward in this sort of situation, not knowing what to say or how to act exactly, so I am so glad someone else pushed me to do it and to take my kids to have this experience too.

There were a few little old ladies there that loved the kids SO much and very so excited to see them. They wanted to hold the kids on their laps, and have conversations with all of them. Darcy was a little apprehensive at first too, but by the end she was happy enough to talk to the people there and she especially loved singing the carols.

 They gave the kids cookies and juice when they were done singing. Here is Ezra with Jackson.

Darcy with Marley, Riley, and Thomas. They were excited because they were all wearing red, white, and black at that table.

No comments: