Monday, December 16, 2013

Thanksgiving

 Our Thanksgiving was certainly not the usual this year. Luckily we had some good days surrounding it, but Thanksgiving day Drew, Ezra, and I were so sick with the flu. There were lots of people at my parents house this year, and almost all of us got to experience that fun bug. All of my siblings came home this year, plus some others, and I loved being all together. I only wish we had had a happier time together. The illness put a damper on our fun. The up side was that most of us lost weight this Thanksgiving!
 Nick brought his fiance Alyssa. She and Darcy both have brown and pink cowboy boots, and Darcy was excited to be "matchy-matchy."

 Before the flu hit us we went over to the Gallacci's to press cider again this year. My Aunt Karen and her family were there to join us. This is her son, my cousin Cruz.


 Luke was there to start the process, but about an hour or so into it he was the first to get hit with the bug so he didn't get to enjoy the whole event.

 The guys figuring things out.

 Luke and my Aunt Karen's husband Cortino.

 The Gallacci's have a couple dogs that made my kids nervous (like all animals do) so they spent some time on Drew's lap for safety and eventually ended up inside.




 Some of the ladies taking a little break.

 Trying to push the wheelbarrow.

 Ezra had a little sample of about 50 of these apples. 

 The apples went through the press a little better if they were smaller so the guys got creative chopping them up.

 Ezra and Matthew tasting the juice.



 My dad picked Ezra up to let him throw an apple in the press and Ezra was so fascinated. He wanted more and more. My dad picked him up so many times to let him throw apples in. I tried it for a little while but it killed my back. I have no idea how my dad did that so many times.

 The little kids got their fill of movies while the adults cooked, played games, and suffered through sickness. Ezra and Matthew eventually got sick too, but somehow Darcy managed to be one of the few to avoid it.

Nick and Jase had a chance to get to know each other a little better.

No comments: