Monday, July 7, 2014

3 Months!

Parks is three months old today. It really seems like it was just a couple days ago that I was writing about him being two months. Babies have a way of making time fly.

Some things we want to remember about Parks at three months:

- 13.8 lbs. Which is 44th percentile according to the internet. This was just on my scale at home, but if it's right he has lost weight. I am trying not to be worried about that.

- He is almost entirely formula/bottle fed at this point. I never ended up adding in that third time nursing because it seemed like he had an upset stomach after he nursed. I really am not sure about any of it though.

- He is a pretty good sleeper. He usually goes to bed around 9 and wake up at 5 to eat and then goes back to sleep for a couple hours. One day he slept all the way through until 7:30. I am hoping we can get that going on a consistent basis soon.

- He takes a short nap or two in the morning, but then takes a 3-4 hour nap in the early afternoon with another short nap or two in the evening.

- We are starting to get lots of comments from people about his crazy eyelashes. I could really stare into his beautiful eyes for hours, especially when they are accompanied by a smile.

- He seems to really love light fixtures and nothing could be more exciting to him than a ceiling fan! He smiles us at light fixtures/fans and talks to them on and on. I love it.

- He sleeps really well in his car seat and is generally happy in the car which is new for us. I hope it lasts.

- He happily lays on the floor for quite a long time (maybe around 1/2 hour) after he eats unless he gets attacked by Ezra. He isn't really a fan of tummy time.

- For his three month birthday present he woke up sick for the first time in his life. Just a cold, but its sad to see him coughing and congested. Hopefully it passes quickly. I couldn't even get him to smile for his photo shoot and he is normally so quick to smile.

I love baby sneezes.

Those eyelashes. I have been trying all kinds of different angles to capture those babies.
This picture is really quite decieving. I spend most of the time Ezra is close to Parks playing defense. He has gotten more and more aggressive with Parks. He loves him and always wants to be close to him, but he isn't really careful at all. I am praying we can get this all figured out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love his sneezing picture, and his crazy eyelashes! :)