Wednesday, July 16, 2014

4th of July

I just found pictures from the 4th of July and realized I forgot to post about it.

Our Independence Day was even busier this year than it usually is. There were lots of places we needed and wanted to be and packing it all into that one day was pretty intense.

We slept in Mattawa the night before, and then had to be to the park in Mattawa a little before 8 in the morning for the flag raising and pancake breakfast. My mom directed the church choir in the Star Spangled Banner at the flag raising and she was a little low in numbers so I joined their choir. I haven't sung in a choir for a long time, and I had forgotten how much I love it!

After breakfast we hurried to the church for some volleyball. This was the thing I was looking forward to the most in the day, but sadly I was so completely exhausted from lack of sleep the night before and my performance was sub-par. I keep thinking I was a re-do on that game. Drew was all over it though!! Haha.  

After volleyball we hurried back to Drew's parents' house for lunch and to pick up the boat. We headed to the river for some wakeboarding/skiing with our friends and some of my family. The water was SOO cold there was no way I was getting in there!

I had planned on running over to my parents' neighbors' house after boating because that is where we usually go for the 4th but we were all so completely exhausted we decided to stay at Drew's parents' house and rest until we headed over to his Aunt and Uncle's at 8 for a get-together and fireworks. My kids were not loving the fireworks so we watched them from inside the house, and then hurried home to get a few hours of sleep.






 The kids were braver than most of the adults. They were determined to take a little dip, but they didn't last long.
 
 The two littlest boaters took naps to celebrate.
 
 I'm sad this picture isn't clearer. These little friends are so cute.
 

 Ezra hadn't been on the boat since last year and for some reason he was really nervous about it this year. He stayed glued to Drew almost the whole time.
 
 Ezra had way less sleep the night before than he usually gets and he fell asleep for a minute riding on Drew's lap back to shore.
 
When we were done there just happened to be a 4th of July passing by in Dessert Aire which included fire trucks that the little boys especially loved.

3 comments:

Alyssa Jenne said...

Oh man my out of control hair! haha such a fun time!

Lindsey said...

I was loving your awesome hair in that picture! Can't wait to see you guys again soon!

A and M said...

I love the picture of the four kiddos backs(will you email it to me?:)) Thanks for the fun!