Sunday, July 27, 2014

Friday

 This past Friday we spent the day in Mattawa at Drew's parents' house. We had such a great time just spending the day together. Drew worked in the morning so during Parks' nap I took Darcy and Ezra to Drew's grandparents' house to swim for a while. Then when we got home Drew and his parents had set up their big blow up pool/slide thing (I'm sure this is the technical term). The kids spent the rest of the day in and out of it.

Justin and Misty came over with baby Raylee too and it was nice to chat and hang out. Misty is so great to let me pick her brain with all my photography questions. She helped me figure out how to shoot into the sun which has been my dream! I am soo excited about it! With some pleading on my part Darcy eventually  agreed to let me take a few shots of her to practice and I really love them.

I really wish we could have days like that more often. Spending time as a family, relaxing a little here and there, the kids play outside in the water as much as they want, snuggling babies, and taking pictures. It doesn't get much better than that in my mind.
Train


 Darcy was striking different poses as she came down the slide and cracking us up. I loved this one!
 Ezra was pretty freaked out about the dog being outside with them and Drew helped ease his worries by joining the kids in the pool. I love watching him play with the kids. I'm pretty sure nothing is better in their minds.
 Looks like a fun day huh? :) The kids had had WAY too little sleep the night before, and then they spent the day in the sun, and Ezra is REALLY freaked out by the dog, and he got knocked down and pushed under in the water and it just got to be more than his little two year old self could handle. He had a really rough moment and eventually asked to go take a nap which he needed desperately.
 I seriously think Mattawa is one of the most beautiful places in the summer. Every once in a while I have to go over whether or not it could ever work for us to live there. I love country living. The fields everywhere are so beautiful and I was really loving the corn field behind Neil and Becky's house. I had Darcy come out and jump around in front of it. (I would also love to use Ezra more in pictures but that would require some willingness on his part. Maybe some day.) :)
 Some back lighting. So fun!

No comments: