Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Thanksgiving

Drew's work schedule and Darcy's new school schedule have made me anticipate and love the holidays even more than I did before. I love to have these times where we get to be all together, play, relax a little here and there, and celebrate. Despite our serious lack of sleep thanks to our babes, this was another great holiday for us. I talked with the kids about gratitude and Darcy got it figured out and came up with some sweet things she was grateful for. Ezra, on the other hand, was confused so we switched to talking about things he liked which mostly included his planes and helicopters. Maybe next year. :)
 My mom is so great to let the kids "help" her and I am always grateful for that. Ezra and Darcy got to help her roll out her famous rolls. 

 Darcy helped roll out the big circle and then she got to help roll the little triangles into crescent rolls.

 We went to my aunt and uncle's house in Yakima this year and had a great time. The weather was absolutely amazing. I think it was around 60 degrees and sunny. The men spent most of the day chopping and stacking wood, and later there was some cider pressing. The kids had fun playing in the leaves outside and exploring the mountain behind the house. They had an awesome setup for our big group in their shop behind their house.

Parks and Jase enjoying their Thanksgiving meal.


 Drew enjoying some of the awesome pie. I think we had around 15 pies.

Friday after Thanksgiving we had a Jenne family 5k. Drew and I put it together. He planned the course and I designed and had the t-shirts made. The place we originally planned to have it was down by the river and it was soo windy down there, so at the last minute we told everyone to come to Drew's parents' house where we were staying and we just ran from there. I thought it turned out to be really fun and people talked about making it a yearly thing. I hope that happens.


I told everyone they could run, walk, or bike. Ashley did some of each. Here she is crossing the finish line on a bike.


My dad is coming up on 60 and he does not run. He ran about one mile total to prepare for this thing and still ended up running most of it. I was seriously impressed! He is just too determined to be a slacker. :)

Drew is my hero. He ran the whole thing pushing Ezra and Parks in a stroller with a flat tire with zero training. He is kiiiiind of amazing. 

Two happy passengers!


On Saturday morning we got to play volleyball at the school with some friends which was so great! Afterwards Darcy got to do this fun project with my dad. My Grandma Jensen got my dad these cute little kits for him to work on with his grandkids for his birthday present. Darcy was pretty excited to be the grandkid to enjoy it with him. I thought that was such a great gift idea!

No comments: