Saturday, February 28, 2015

Luke's Visit

Last weekend we had the greatest treat when Luke and his kids made a trip to Mattawa. Our kids spent Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in cousin heaven. I took over 400 pictures and it was so hard to sort through them. So, like I end up saying at the beginning of so many of my posts these days, get ready for picture overload.
 The whole weekend was filled with lots of motorcycle riding. This is Luke with Sam. 

 This was the first time I turned my camera towards Sam when she wasn't on a motorcycle, and she immediately snapped on her perfect smile and pose. It surprised me for a second (because my kids fight me about taking pictures) but then I took advantage of it for the rest of the weekend. I have about 20 cute pictures of her like this. She is too cute!

 Luke took Darcy and Whitney for a walk through the vineyard to the windmill.

 A little playing in the leaves


 Michael checking out the flat bed lift thing (technical term?)

 Darcy tried a little roping.

 She was pretty happy when she got the rope on the horn.

 Sam is such a brave little girl! She jumped right on the motorcycle.


 Whitney loved the horses and probably could have ridden them the whole weekend. I took a billion pictures of her and my dad riding together.

 She had absolutely no fear. She asked my dad if they could go over the motorcycle jumps.

 The weather and the lighting on this day was so beautiful!

 Michael was next and there was no fear in that boy either. (This no fear thing for the kids around animals is all so foreign to me.) 






I was trying to take pictures of Jase on the swings, but he had just woken up from his nap and he kept putting his head down and scowling a little in the cutest, funniest way. Haley and I were cracking up. 

 My mom got some new legos for this get-together and they were a hit. Whitney was pretty serious about her creation.

 The legos

These three girls spent a while working on their little houses together.

 Michael went with the guys to do some work and got to be the guy to unhook the trailer when they came back.

 My grandma has had some issues with her health over the past couple months. I guess when you're 94 that will happen. One of the main reasons Luke came was to come visit her with his kids, so we went over and got a picture all together. (There are a few people in this shot that might not be too happy with me for this one, but it was the best I got.) :)

 Michael spent a lot of time working on the adding machine. He would make a great accountant some day! :)



Popsicle time!

 Michael and Ezra went for a ride and did some digging with my dad in the excavator.


 The guys went to the track and we went to watch. Since I have lots of pictures of the other guys riding already I decided to only post pictures of Luke since I don't get those regularly and I already have a million pictures in this post.

 Darcy and Michael hung out this this cement thing while they watched.

 Luke with his kids at the track (I like to take advantage of that sign in my pictures when we're there.)

 Ezra, Sam, and Michael.



Ezra and Sam got into yelling at the guys to stop and thought they were pretty funny.

 Luke wheely

 Michael's turn on the motorcyle



I liked this picture of everyone running along with him.

 Ezra and Matthew on the trampoline

 Michael and Luke




 On Saturday morning my dad measured Ashley and discovered she was officially over 5'9" now. We decided to take advantage of those long legs and had her do some modelling. She's a natural! :)

 Whitney's turn on the motorcycle.

 Some tricky riders! Drew, Ezra, and Luke with Sam.

I brought Parks outside after his nap and realized he was watching the motorcycle riding so intently and squealing and squirming when they went by. We decided it was time for his first ride and he squealed happily the whole time. He loved it!


Sunday night the girls decided to get fancy for our dance party. This picture of Darcy makes me laugh every time I look at it. We've got to work on our makeup skills! Less is more girlie. Less is more. :) Unfortunately I had put my camera away by the time Whitney joined the fun and painted her whole face with bright red lip stain! 

Cousins are the best! (And brothers) We hope we get to see them again soon!

1 comment:

Luke said...

Thanks for posting all of these. I was counting on you since I think I took four pictures on this trip.