Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Ezra's 4th Birthday

 Ezra turned four a few weeks ago. His birthday is exactly two weeks after Darcy's, and once she has her's it is hard for Ezra to wait for his turn. That waiting seems to make him even more thrilled when the day finally comes though. We had a fantastic day celebrating our big boys day.
 Once again, the water bottle is a huge hit! :)

 Every boy needs a basketball hoop I think.

 Ezra loves to help me in the kitchen. We only have girly aprons around, so I decided it was time to get him an apron fit for a manly chef (which came with a cool hat).


 We spotted some awesome Seahawks jerseys at TJMaxx that we thought our boys needed. We got one for Ezra for his birthday and Parks one just because.

 Ezra's birthday wish was to go swimming at Grandma Jo's with Matthew. Wish granted.

 Not long after we got to the pool, Drew drove up much to our surprise! He had told us he had meetings all day, but it turned out he was able to send someone in his place so he could come make Ezra's day extra special for him . We were all pretty excited that he got to join us.



 Ashley, Darcy, Ezra, and Matthew decided to go run through the sprinkler. I'm pretty sure the tiny sprinklers in our back yard will be a disappointment from now on.

 Grandma Becky got Ezra his first Lego set and helped him put some of it together. He is still using it almost every day. Darcy loves it too actually, and Parks like to eat the pieces.

 
 Ezra asked for a Dusty cake which freaked me out. My reputation is not awesome in the cake department and that seemed like a daunting task. I found some ideas online and with a little convincing Ezra agreed to have a cake like this.

Haley advised me to make Ezra's birthday cake the night before. She had had a couple bad experiences spending the whole birthday working on the cake. I think that was fantastic advise and I think I'll try to do that from now on. The one problem was that my kids got to it a few times and I even bumped it a couple times before we actually ate it. I was glad I had taken that other picture the night before because it was looking a little bit sad by the time Ezra blew out his candles. Next time I'll have to put it up high.

No comments: